11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 12:15 PM by californian RSS

Website Changes - AAARRRGGGHHHH

nadine Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

While I was sleeping last night some genius at Marriott decided to completely change the website.  It was not broken.  Did they ever hear "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  It is now totally difficult to navigate, requiring several more steps.  It was far better before than Hilton's site, but now I am not so sure.  I am wondering if anyone else has thoughts regarding the changes.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Website Changes - AAARRRGGGHHHH
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

You have some company in your grief and displeasure.  There are at least two other threads started today on the same topic.  Must be job security for somebody.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tom666 Platinum 1 Reviews

agreed... but will they listen of course not. its a shove it and love it... also when they made the change did they ask the members to give it s spin - of course not.

istaytoomuch Platinum

I agree, it is very difficult to find existing reservations if you have more than the three that will fit in the little box.

It certainly was not designed by someone that uses the site a lot.

ankingspeech Silver

It's alright ... like all new things will take a bit of getting used to, but content and layout aren't that different. The design & appearance are

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I wonder if this is a pre-cursor of what is to come on the Insiders new layout?????  Not sure how I feel about it yet.  Mostly, it came as a surprise.  I thought that was pretty random.....

superchief1 Platinum

Marriott appears to be following a path to mediocrity lately. IMO, the website changes are similar to the changes to Courtyard, Marriott Insiders, and Marriott Vacationclub-all bad!!!!!!!I really wonder what has happened to their marketing department.

Now that I have reached lifetime platinum, I don't know what I have to look forward to. What were they thinking?

delee1 Platinum

Not even genius.  Subhuman is really more apt.  These changes truly are horrific and provide both no new useful information and really remove information that needed to be together.

For instance, where's the "My Promotions" link?  Before, it was part of My Account.  I'd assume that Marriott wants me to spend more money on more Marriott Brand hotel rooms but I now have no clue on where I stand to earn either more points or more free nights.

Even worse, I generally have a dozen Marriott reservations active at any time.  Now I can't see them together nor can I right mouse on the list to pick one versus another.  This is truly useless.

David

gloabtrotter Platinum

Hear hear!!  I actually came on here to start a post on how annoyed I am with the new website, and thankfully there are others who agree with me!  The new site, as already mentioned, requires more clicks to get to the info you need.  Why on earth is that worth doing???  Also agree with what someone else said - IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FREAKING FIX IT!!!  I suspect some moron who works at Marriott has a 'personal objective' in his/her personal plan, so now having revamped/reinvigorated/refreshed (whatever stoopid HR/management babble adjective can be used here) the Marriot website, s/he can get that 2% raise and keep his/her job.  The idiot should instead be fired for wasting Marriott's resources in this pointless useless exercise and causing grief to Marriott Rewards members!  SERENITY NOW!!!:)

mgoes2 Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Hard to limit the number of charactors for "Ask & Answer"!  Then it kept questioning me if I really wanted to ask that question!!!

watrous Platinum 1 Reviews
    I hate the new website because I can't see all my reservations easily. I also don't see my lifetime nights anymore. Why doesn't Marriott survey their loyal customers before they make such drastic changes?

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I agree with you.  I hope Marriott goes back to the old, better site.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links