6 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2016 8:14 PM by ramoneur RSS

Fines for smoking without smoking

roadagain Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed at the Courtyard on Lake Lansing road in Lansing Michigan. This was a rewards stay and I had my Kids and niece with me. We were moving her into MSU to start the school year. I am a smoker I must admit but have never once smoked in a hotel room. First of all my Kids were in the room and second of all my wife would kill me. Apparently I had left something in the room like a wrapper or empty pack of cigarettes which gave the hotel the evidence to charge me $250 on to my points stay. The office manager (useless) lowered it to $75 dollars. Are you kidding me? i'm being punished for being a smoker from a twenty something hotel office manager based on something left in the room which was not smoked in? Marriott ...you can find yourself someone else to spend $15,000 a year. I'm going to Hilton. They will give me my status and I will be fine there. Nice knowing you Marriott. Did I mention I should have fined them for the broken sliding door, the broken sliding screen door, the dirty patio, and the loud wedding party outside my winow that kept me awake all night? Or question them on why my brother-in-law also staying on points with no-status got a better room than me?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fines for smoking without smoking
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

"I'm going to Hilton. They will give me my status and I will be fine there."

And, hey, you can smoke in Hilton rooms at no additional charge.  Enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

roadagain Gold 2 Reviews

Prefer not to smoke in rooms, thanks.  Good Luck in the BIG TEN. Go MSU!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

See you in Lincoln Oct 29.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Ahhhhhh.  a good old college rivalry!  How sweet it is.

Go Horns!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I have to join in.....Go Hogs!  Woo Pig Sooie!

ramoneur Platinum

your status says you're still Gold;

did you change your mind of switching to Hilton?

Was this issue ever resolved afterwards?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...