Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2011 4:08 PM by keglerbill RSS

New Account Overview look

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Seems a little too gizmo-laden for my taste but then I still have wired phones in my house!

• Re: New Account Overview look
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

We also have and prefer the old style telephones at home.

And, what exactly was the point of changing the website?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

On first look, I liked it, and a couple of the features seem to simplify the number of steps required.  (For example, I like the upcoming reservations window; and the upcoming reservations page feels much more efficient and user friendly.)

Time will tell whether the Trip Inspirations adds value....

I must admit I was surprised - OK, disappointed - that they didn't add lifetime points accumulated or nights stayed.  It seems like that's a feature that a number of folks in the Insiders Community have asked for in the past. (And, of course, others - such as United Airlines - provide that information.)  Moreover, Marriott's most loyal customers are the ones most interested in their "progress" towards the various levels of lifetime status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nadine Platinum 1 Reviews

I find it hard to navigate.  They sneaked this in while I was sleeping and when I began to check something this morning, I was most frustrated.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". 

iefbr14 Platinum 4 Reviews

Not only is it too glitzy, it's too broken. If you look at account activity, and you click on the + sign next to the date of transaction (presumably you want to see more detail about that transaction), the amount of information for a [paid] stay is adequate.

However, for a reward stay, clicking on + gives you NO info. Not the date of stay, not the location of stay, nothing......except how many points were taken away.

Please take away the new account look and restore the one everyone is used to. It was not broken, and it didn't need to be fixed. You know, when you undertake to change the look and feel, please don't forget to consider the increased overhead. The site runs slower now because there's more non-productive, non-beneficial graphics non-sense that has to be computed and displayed as part of the new look.

Over on the right, the title MY ACCOUNT- NEW! should be changed to MY ACCOUNT - NEW  8-( Or, allow an option for us seniors who don't like change to keep living in the past.

superchief1 Platinum

I think they must have used the same consultants as Microsoft. They have added things that I would never use, but I can no longer find the things that I use all of the time.

stevew Platinum

I am OK with the new look. Change is hard and it will take some getting used to. My bigget problem is that they not only didn't add lifetime points, they took away lifetime nights. These are important metrics for the very frequent traveler. While I trust Marriott to keep a total, I also like to verify.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Lifetime nights: Gone.

Rollover night total from previous year: Gone.

Credit Card nights YTD total: Gone.

Why would any of these be removed?

• Does Marriott even CARE what we think?
    browell Platinum

What I find curious is that of three different threads here on MRI about this, and even two on FlyerTalk, I have seen a grand total of 1 response from the company about our concerns (and that was an answer on the phone that the caller posted on FlyerTalk).  They were quick to announce the changes (after the fact, though), will they respond to us in a timely manner?

Also interesting is the 3 reservations listing that EVERYONE has complained about and the way the "Forums" page on MRI is layed out - 3 items per section..... is 3 our magic Marriott number for web design?

keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews

I REALLY don't like the upcoming reservations page.

This was very useful to me in the past. I would pull up all upcoming reservations -- there might be 20 or more -- print out the list, use the list to compare to my calendar to ensure I had everything straight, then post the list to my refrigerator so my wife would know where I am -- and the phone number of the hotel was right there.

That's impossible now. Just a window with three reservations, and no details, such as phone number. So now I'll have to print out each one individually.

Yes -- there are still people who rely on manual calendars, printed copies of reservations, and the like.

Also -- there used to be a button at the bottom of the home page to access this Insiders site. That's gone. I spent considerable time trying to get to Insiders -- finally had to call up Site Map, and find it there. Having said that, there are plenty of buttons at the bottom of the home page that I have absolutely no use for!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...