5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 1:41 PM by anadyr RSS

Double Crossed at Double Tree

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I suppose every knows that some if not all Double Tree hotels, which are part of the Hilton chain, allow smoking. I certainly did not and attending a recent event at one of them, I was surprised and dismayed that the practice is still allowed in the US at a major hotel.  While staying on a non-smoking floor I saw a full carton of Marlboro's sitting on the desk of the adjacent room being cleaned by the maids.

The elevator smelled like a damp tobacco warehouse.  Many smokers got a head start in the lobby (which was non-smoking) as they lit up going through the revolving doors to the parking lot.  The staff neglected to mention this when I checked in and I was stuck, thankfully for only a day or two while the event took place.  Ironically, two MD's in attendance had the same reaction as I did.

Anyone had been lucky enough to find a Double Tree that is smoke free?

• Re: Double Crossed at Double Tree
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

I agree with you on this. as well!

Am a Diamond with Hilton, but the "Smoking", situation is really surprising to me!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I too am a (comped) Diamond level with them and cannot understand their reasoning.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I would think that their smoking policy apparently hasn't hurt their business enough to change the policy.   I will not stay at a hotel which allows smoking.  Period!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Husker is on to something

It may very well be a strategy is to one of the ONLY full service hotel chains that allows smoking.  As much as many smokers and non-smokers alike prefer (demand) a smoke-free enviroment, there are still plenty of smokers out there that would prefer to have a pro-smoking policy.  I say to each, live and let live.

Except the smokers will live a lot less longer.

And if they continue to light up they put the rest of the hotel staff in the way of second-hand smoke.  Maybeelectronic cigarettes are the answer for those who can't quit and there's always smokeless tobacco--all the dangers without the annoying smells and smoke fumes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...