1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 9:59 AM by keglerbill RSS

VISA Change: Bonus Bucks Versus Free Night Coupon

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just received this notice which said, among other things:

One of the many benefits you receive as a Marriott Rewards® Cardmember is a $100 Bonus Buck after you spent $25,000 between January 1 and December 31 each year® on your card. As of September 1, 2011, we are changing this benefit to a Free Night e-certificate at one of Marriott's® category 1-4 properties.

That's disappointing.  Of course, the bonus bucks were more flexible.  But one particularly frustrating aspect is that - with the old bonus bucks - you got credit for a paid night.

Granted, it's tough to complain because many of us received TWO (2) bonus bucks coupons this year (because the first set had premature expiration dates).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: VISA Change: Bonus Bucks Versus Free Night Coupon
    keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I prefer the free night because the Bonus Bucks are basically useless to me. I use a special rate for all my stays, and the Bonus Bucks are no good for special rates.

I wonder if I can trade in the Bonus Bucks I already got this year for a free night?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...