22 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2012 9:31 AM by dapolizzi RSS

Platinum perks-Cosmopolitan Las Vegas

designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

There has been much discussion on this board about lack of perks offered at some hotels.  I have a reservation at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas.  I have stayed there several times since they opened.  Yesterday I received a call from the Platinum Concierge desk at the hotel to inform me that they now have special check in stations for Platinum members.  This is a great help because there are always lines there for check in.  I was also informed that I would have a room upgrade and free breakfast.  I was given the callers direct phone line in case I had needed anything or required help during my stay.  This is, in my opinion, incredible service and acknowledgement of my status.  Kudos to Marriott and the Cosmopolitan.  They make customer loyalty worth it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum perks
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Agree!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow.  very impressive!

traveler2 Platinum

Nice! That's definitely a perk! Enjoy it!!

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Thanks for the info.  I'll definitely have to try this place the next time I'm in Vega$!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

This is an impressive (new) property.  Wonderful balconies. It's incredibly large, but the staff is very service-oriented.  And the breakfast buffet is a treat!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Good to hear that customer service still exists!

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

That's a fantastic story!  Where on the strip is it?

It's next to Belagio - indeed, many of the balconies look down on the entertaining Belagio water fountain sound & light show (which is nice).  It's pretty much across the street/strip from Paris...

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Is it noisy at night?  Most times I stay on a high floor, and it's almost feels with the noise level, that I'm on ground level!

I have never found noise to be a problem here.  I do always request a high floor.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I look forward to staying here on my next visit to Vegas.

superchief1 Platinum

I've been treated very well as a Platinum at the Kansas City airport Marriott and always enjoy my stays there. The have a great fruit salad platinum arrival option.

mlg831 Platinum

I was fortunate enough to have toured the hotel last December.  The Marriott representative shared what MR members could expect, but from reading since, there was/is inconsistency with upgrade and breakfast perks.  Getting the staff on the same, new page seemed to be an issue.  It's very good to learn the hotel is reaching out to guests before arrival!

designdeva, is it possible to edit your thread title adding "Cosmopolitan Las Vegas" so that others will know this is property-specific and not a general perks discussion?   

Thank you for the suggestion.  Your right I should have given them credit in the title.  Taken care of.

• Re: Platinum perks-Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
    lifesablast Platinum

Fantastic news, but this for sure a high end Marriot property.  Now if we could just get this type of treatment to pass down through the other marriott properties.  I will be a loyal to marriott even when I am treated as I have been recently.  Lets hope this trend carries on as it used to be...

Scott

shawnecooper Platinum

I am going on a meeting scouting trip and I have booked this hotel for the beginning of Feburary.  Although I am dragging along my husband and daughter with me....to let them have some fun for once.  She does not need her own bed and it appears doubles do not exist so I figured we could work something out.  I was thrilled with the kichenette as she eats well peanut butter and bread.  I can easliy switch hotels but given I am thinking of having 200 people there I thought I should try out the hotel and it's customer service before a global team arrives.  Would you switch to the Villa's? With family in tow?  I plan to go see three of the Marriott properties but I too have seen some disconnect with the Autograph Collection when it comes to planning meetings and needing 200 rooms.  However NYC's latest is a dream for a getaway!  They do not do Platinum gifts but I will take the free breakfast anyday! Is there a concierge lounge?

We have stayed at the Cosmopolitan a number of times since they opened last year and have nothing but good things to say about the property and staff.  Have never hosted a meeting here but they do have great meeting rooms.  Have stayed in several different room configurations and they have all been great.  Have never used it but I think they do have rooms with two double beds.  In each unit we have been in there has been a nice couch.  Not sure if it is sleeper but would certainly work for a child.  The buffet is great and works well if you have a number of people with varying tastes to entertain.  Hope it works out for you because I think it would be a great place for a meeting.

bearbartlett Platinum 3 Reviews

I just took over Nevada for my company late last year and have stayed at both the Las Vegas Marriott and the Cosmopolitan. Often times the Cosmo is less expensive and the perks and location trumps the Convention Center property. Definitely worth the look if you're undecided about where to stay. As an FYI the Platinum Check-In is to the left as you face the Guest Check-In area. Breakfast buffet is at the Wicked Spoon and is great! Every time I've stayed I have had a view of the Bellagio fountain area, which is a blessing and a curse. The water show is beautiful but is actually quite loud, even at floors 30 and above. However, it reminds me of staying by the ocean so it is manageable. The Cosmo also has a separate program for those that like to gamble called Identity. Separate perks and reward levels, so depending on how often you plan on going it may be worth looking into. Lastly, for those users on here into Craft Beer, there is a great place on-premises called Holsteins. I want to say they have around 30 taps, and have everything from your basic Coors Light to Belgian quads and everything in between. Great selection!

bearbartlett Platinum 3 Reviews

one other note - If it is busy when you check out, look for an attendant with an iPad. They can check you out and even email you your final invoice. Definitely a great way to bypass a lot of the traffic, especially on Friday!

Thanks for the tip about check-out.... We're headed back there (for only the second time) in a couple of weeks... 

• LOVE that breakfast buffet
        • Hoping we get another one of the balconies overlooking the Belagio water fountain/show
        • Curious, though - has anyone tried the tub in the bathroom?  It looked to us like it would take half an hour to fill it....

webbcw Platinum 2 Reviews

Linked the information you have passed along.

Thanks very much.

dapolizzi Platinum 1 Reviews

We have reservations for 2 rooms at the Cosmo in September. We stayed there last year and were upgraded to a beautiful wraparound terrace suite and had breakfast comped every morning at the Wicked Spoon, in addition to the Platinum arrival gift.

This year, I was informed that  the Cosmo has "enhanced" their  benefits to platinum guests--I was informed that platinum members now have a "choice" of one for their arrival gift--either ONE breakfast at the Wicked Spoon ( no matter how many days you stay--ONE breakfast), Marriott rewards points, or a "special" gift!! This is an "enhanced" benefit--NOT in my book!!

I will make contact with the Cosmo concierge when  it gets closer to our arrival date and see if I can ,at the very least ,get them to cover the breakfast--if not, I have reservations at the Venetian, where I WILL get breakfast every morning of our stay.

FYI-- I was able to use the LNFG --but was charged the full deposit once again.  It seems that the Cosmo can't issue a refund for the difference--they just keep the extra $100's until you check in- there MUST be a way to issue a refund.