7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2011 6:36 PM by jasper100 RSS

Autograph Collection = Nights/Points?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I may have already written asking about this, since the first few weeks of classes are insane, but do you get full benefits of nights and points at Autograph Collection hotels?  I am wondering whether they're in the 'normal' group or something separate like Ritz Carlton?

Depending on the prices for a trip later in the year, I'm considering a stay at the new Boscolo in Rome.  Has anyone been there?  If you've stayed at another Autograph Collection hotel have your points and nights been credited as usual?

Thanks,
ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rome, Italy
  • Re: Autograph Collection = Nights/Points?
    arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Dear Prof,

I am afraid that I have no experience of the Boscolo............but, as it happens, I will be in Rome at the end of this month and would be happy to "check it out" for you - focussing in particular on the quality of the bellinis?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Thanks, Arkwright! By all means check out the bellinis.  Will you be staying at the hotel?

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Prof C,

No... but happy to devote time to (a) a good cause and (b) a good drink!  (I'll be staying at the CY Central Park)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Hi, we recently stayed at the Glenn Hotel in Atlanta ... which is one of the Autograph collection.  Yes, we had our points fully credited along with the Platinum welcome gift points and the status bonus ... and ... they upgraded us without being asked.  As a side note, the Autograph collection is now on our hot-list of preferred Marriott hotels.  The hotel was smaller than the using mainstream Marriotts but the service was 'big hotel' standard ... if not better.  This was our first and currently only Autograph stay, but it certainly pressed the right buttons for us.  If you do stay there, I would be interested to hear how the Boscolo compares ... I hope that you enjoy your trip

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

What type of upgrade did you get? Was it upgraded to a suite???

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Yes it was an upgrade to a suite.  The Glenn is what I would normally refer to as a niche hotel, so the suite was not of the size of those in the JW in DC, for example.  The room was very different to the normal Marriott room. The suite consisted of a lounge with a corner sofa ... very relaxing.  The bedroom was separate and had a second flat screen TV.  The bathroom was open plan within the bedroom and consisted of a separate enclosed toilet plus a wet-room type shower.  It was much better than I had found in most niche hotels.  The other bonus was that the hotel has a Sky Lounge with views across the city and which serves great cocktails ... and the weather was great when we were there!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sounds like good news...I guess we need to check out the Autograph Collection. I, for one, have not stayed at one but look forward to trying them. Thanks for the info!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...