Marriott Cheques v Instant Redemption

bazzap Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi

I am looking for advice please on the best choice of

Marriott Cheques v Instant Redemption

for charging dining...etc to our room for our forthcoming trip to Thailand

Looking at the readily available information

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/eliteRewards.mi?segmentId=elite.plat#26

http://www.marriott.co.uk/marriott/instant.mi

it seems that you get a better deal with Marriott cheques, provided you use the full amount each time you use one and use them all before the expiry date.

I am also hoping that- they are available to UK members and readily usable in Thailand and in the adjacent hotels whilst we are staying in the Vacation Club?

Any experience, advice or thoughts you may have will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Cheques v Instant Redemption
    iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I can't speak for Instant Rewards, but I've had no problem redeeming cheques.  Just charge everything to your room, and use them upon Check-Out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

autumnorangegt Platinum 44 Reviews

Marriott Cheques are the best bang for the buck.

bazzap Platinum

Thank you to those who have replied.

I am fairly sure now that using Marriott cheques in the US or at least for $ transactions is good.

I have heard though that in Europe and Asia, hotels do not consistently know how to process them and they can be subject to poor (sometimes very poor) hotel exchange rates.

Would Marriott care to comment please?

Thank you.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

This may sound like a silly question, but hopefully someone will answer it for me.  Are Marriott cheques actually paper checks or are they plastic, like the Marriott gift card?  I'm asking because I've used some of the gift cards over the past 6 months or so and find that most desk clerks do not know how to process them to the payment.  Apparently they must enter all the information manually rather than just scanning the card, which makes it very time consuming for the guest.  Thanks.

mspisars Platinum 2 Reviews

The cheques are $50 paper cheques.

They work great in the States because you never worry about the exchange rate.

If you are Platinum, MR has killer deals for $1000 worth of Cheques... I've used them a handful of times now and have had no issues. Again, this is all in the US so I cannot speak for dealing with exchange rates, etc.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...