0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2011 5:52 PM by wanttogo RSS

Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown Alamo Plaza

wanttogo Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed at this hotel using points over the weekend, and it was pretty good.  The furnishings in the room were a bit dated, and the mattress was not one of those plush pillowtop types (but it was surprisingly comfortable!), but it was very clean, which in my book is important.

There were signs saying that they were going to renovate the rooms later this year.  Some modernization, probably. 

The service was excellent, considering the small staff. 

The only negative that I can come up with was the cooking smells in the hallway, but I assume that somebody was cooking some garlic dish in their room.  Since this is a Residence Inn, they have small stoves in the rooms.  However, once I got in my room, we couldn't smell the food smell.

It's nice having a full sized refrigerator with ice-maker in the room.

The location was right behind the Alamo, and maybe a 5-10 minute walk to the Riverwalk.  I felt safe walking at all times of the day and night. 

Overall, pretty good.

Also, they had plenty of newspapers each morning down in the lobby.  Which is not something to be taken for granted these days, as I stayed at a Courtyard in June where there were no newspapers to be had, even though their Hotel fact sheet specifically said that they delivered newspapers to each room! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...