7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2011 2:46 PM by nanaglo45 RSS

CEO

journeywarrior Member
Currently Being Moderated

Just called the 1800 number on back of my marriot card.  the person answered the phone could not speak clear english very difficult to understand him when he said "courtyard"  also told me hotel was pet friendly and when I called the hotel direct they said they were not pet friendly  I a sosooso happy I did not make my reservation with him an outsoursed helper.     Why are we using outside sources to make reservations  Uggggg so frustrated with making reservations with Marriott!!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Albany, Georgia, USA
  • Re: CEO
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

For what it's worth I've never had the "offshore" experience with Marriott--maybe I was just lucky? Most reservationists are in either Salt Lake or Omaha and their fluency in English is native born.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I suspect it is not worth anything to JOURNEYWARRIOR...........  I had a similar experience today.  I could barely here the man and could not understand 1/2 of what he was saying.

A labor day coincidence?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

perhaps

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I have called mnay times as well, and have never experienced this.

In past years (at least ten years ago) Marriott experimented with using non-felony incarcerated persons as phone receptionists but I am not sure this program still exists.  Nonetheless they were in the US and English was their native language.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I also can add that I have never felt I was speaking to anyone that English was not their first language and that they were sitting somewhere in the US (or Canada possibly) taking my call. Most of the time I have been phoning the Platinum line so perhaps that makes a difference (?) I also notice whenever I phone American Airlines or Southwest Airlines, it's always 'American' sounding English.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...