0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 10:34 PM by nyrxman RSS

Elite Perks at lower category Marriott Hotels is lacking

nyrxman Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I've noticed that there are few if any on-site "perks" offered to Gold or Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards customers, particularly when checking into a lower category hotel. In the newer Courtyards that no longer offer free breakfast, I sometimes ask the manager on duty if he/she would extend a courtesy of a free breakfast coupon(s) during my stay as a result of my Elite Gold status. In more cases than not (about 60% of the time) the courtesy is extended, but this appears to be solely at the diescretion of the manager on duty at the time, and some of these people just do not want to take the responsibility of making that decision.

I think Marriott should put these kinds of perks in place for at least Gold and Platinum members checking into a lower category (and even a higher category) hotel.  It makes you feel like your Elite status is really worth something other than the bonus points, guaranteed resevations, and some other minor on-site perks that come with them now.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...