6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2011 3:32 AM by platinumstar RSS

Sedan Service for NYC

txnroses Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am needing a good car service in New York City.  Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
Manhattan, New York, USA
  • Re: Sedan Service for NYC
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

If you're staying at the Marriott Marquis at Times Square there are several car services located in the covered parking entry.

I have not tried them but others I know recommend them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

TXNROSE

there are a million car services in nyc.  what are you looking for?"  do you want a ride from the airport to the hotel?  do you want a car to take you shopping, sightseeing, etc..?

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

I'm headed to Marquis at the end of the month with my 75 year old mom, who has limited mobility.  I was thinking of a car service from airport to hotel and back since we are coming into JFK and I've heard the lines can be bad there.  Haven't been to NYC for a stay for 20+ years--any advice or tips are welcome (have already gotten a lot from the Local Area postings; thanks to all who've shared there!)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Dear Engineergirl

You'll find that officially licensed taxi fares have been regulated to mid-town and can only charge a flat free (was 45 dollars last November) and additional tolls--with a tip it works out to 60 dollars. No charge for extra passengers or luggage. Most drivers are good and quick without being dangerous drivers!

Tell the taxi dispatcher at JFK that you'd like assistance for your Mom and they'll find you an more easily accessible vehicle.  Many cabs are Ford Escape Hybrids and the front seat is not a difficult climb in. There are a few Prius(es) which can be challenging to enter. A few Toyota and Dodge minivans can be easier for an older person to enter in the front seat--the back is more challenging.

As I mentioned the pull in area at the Marriott Marquis has several car services located there.  If you'd like another opinion try one of the Concierge's located at the Hotel's 8th floor main lobby.  We have had good luck with all of them, but if Meliza is there, you'd be very satisfied with her willingness to help.

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

thanks, SS!  I appreciate it, and your knowledge

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

Can highly recommend CARMEL car services. Have used them for many years in NY when staying at the Marriott Marquis and also the Marriott Downtown. They have luxury sedans and work out at exactly the same price as a taxi but much more comfortable and roomy. Never actually used them from JFK, only going to the airport, but sure you could use them to pick you up at the airport. Look at www.carmellimo.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...