20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2014 10:09 AM by misterchk RSS

How long for Marriott to recognize my LifeTime Platinum

pilotpp Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Finally crossed the 1000 nights, the last requirement I needed for LTP. That was 2-3 weeks ago, my status still shows as Platinum Premiere.

Thanks

Gabe

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How long for Marriott to recognize my LifeTime Platinum
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I would recommend calling the Platinum Premier desk (number on card) and tell them about this,  Memory jogging never hurts,

As you know this is an achievement that should be recognized though it takes time. As I recall it took about three weeks for my Lifetime Platinum Card to arrive in the mail.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lifesablast Platinum

What does a lifetime platinum card look like I have over 1800 nights and I do have a Platinum premier elite card, is that the lifetime card?

Scott

Hi Scott,

It is a plastic card with a lighter gray color than the PlatinumPremier one and the words "Platinum Elite Lifetime" in the upper left hand corner.  Mine has no expiration date though some older ones did have a date like 2020 on them.

Remember that it takes two million points, 12 years in the program and 1000 nights to achieve the Lifetime level. Have you done all three? If so you should get the card.

pilotpp Platinum

Called this morning and they acknowledged my Lifetime status as of July. CSR said Premeire is considered a higher level ( only 3% ) so they don't issue a new card or change status.

One wrinkle I forgot to mention is that Marriott apparently classifies you as a Platinum Elite only as long as you stay the required 75 nights in a year.  If you fall below that level and have reached Lifetime Elite status, then you are considered Lifetime and the PEL card is issued. I can't explain why I got the card early unless it was due to my constant questions that I peppered the PP desk with out there in SLC.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I thought the requirements were:

1 - 12 years in the program

2 - Platinum status in at least one of the 12 years

3 - 1,000 nights stayed

Don't ever recall anything about 2 million points.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Lonestar - see this post: http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/thread/7648<</a>/p>

A Copy/Paste from another:

“Change to Elite Lifetime Status Qualification

Marriott Rewards has reviewed the Lifetime qualification criteria based on member feedback from the Insiders that the required points threshold seemed too high compared to the thresholds for nights and years. After analysis, we agree and will re-set lifetime point thresholds (starting mid-January) for all levels so they are consistent with the other required activity metrics (years enrolled in the program and nights stayed).

Years enrolled in the program and nights stayed will not change (Platinum, Gold and Silver Elite Lifetime still requires 12 years participation in the program. Platinum Lifetime  requires 1000 nights stayed and paid for, Gold requires 800 paid nights and Silver 600 paid nights. The new points threshold will be as follows:

-Silver Elite Lifetime - 1.5 million points now 1.2 million points.

-Gold Elite Lifetime - 2 million points now 1.6 million points

-Platinum Elite Lifetime - 3 million points now lowered to 2 million points”

Thanks for this information.  A key point to note is that it says "Platinum Lifetime  requires 1000 nights stayed and paid for,"  So this means that nights I get credited for, from charging $3,000 are not included in this amount?  Nor are the 10 nights received on my anniversary year for the MR card?

I think but am not sure that nights in you account become nights only when they are paid for and stayed, with the exception of those nights that you've booked and then not stayedand were penalized one night's room and tax for--that has only happened to me once in 40 years and it was an unavoidable mistake on my part.   do not think bonus, rolloeve, or CC nights count but would recommend calling Mariott Rewards for a clarification.

I just called yesterday for all the Lifetime information and what you say is accurate.  In addition, any annual nights (10 or 15 dependent on the credit card you have) you receive gets added to both your annual night status and your Lifetime nights.  In addition, the nights you receive for spending $3,000 on the marriot visa card get credited to both your annual night status and your Lifetime nights.  To me, the hardest qualification to achieve will be the 1,000 nights, as I am half way there,  I already have the Platinum status, and am close in points and years.

kahunapremier Platinum

Marriott knows your LTS already and it is in the system. Unless you are not selected for PP status next year or so, then you will default to LTS and a new card stating that will be issued.

Sounds like you have completed all the steps to earn LTS, so kudos!

lifesablast Platinum

I have also acheived lifetime status and I received an e-mail informing me that my Platinum Premier Elits status was better than the lifetime Platinum status.  I would not be recognized as a lifetime member until I loose my premier elite status. 

Scott

Platinum 28 Reviews

About 30 days ago I met all the requirements for LifeTime Platinum.  Well over 2 Million Points, 758 Elite Nights and have been a member for13 years.

Must I bring this Marriott Reward's attention or is the machinery already in place???

Any similar experiences would be appreciated.

erc Platinum

misterchk

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the impressive accomplishment of obtaining Lifetime Platinum status, a measure of loyalty and persistence hard to match in these days of bright shiny technological distractions. We can all remember back at the turn of the century when you first joined Marriott Rewards the buzz at Intergalactic - "hey, this guy's one to watch" and "yeah he doesn't have an NFL team (and pays Ca. taxes) he's a keeper" and of course the seldom used classic, "he could go...all...the way".

Well you did it my friend, you earned Lifetime Platinum status, now all you have to do is set back and let the bennies flow your way, as a matter of fact you don't even have to pay your electric bill anymore, no, wait a minute, that's right, that didn't work, nevermind. But anyways, congratulations, now onto your questions.

If you maintained your Platinum status (75 nights) in 2013 you will remain a platinum and will receive no communication from Marriott about your Lifetime accomplishment until the year arrives where you drop below Platinum status. As has been discussed in this forum several times, many of us think that is a missed opportunity by Marriott to recognize a significant level of customer loyalty at the time of impact, but for some reason, Marriott has decided otherwise. Why? Well perhaps like the stock trading commercial; "because it's a helicopter!" ****

If you did not maintain your Platinum status in 2013, then the 'machinery is in place', unless of course, like the points that don't get posted, the no blackout guarantee, the $100 check-in bonus guarantee etc, it's not; in which case you will have to follow up with a phone call and your proverbial hat in hand and request that they kick start the machinery once again. Bottom line - you will be recognized as a Lifetime Platinum by the system as they begin the 2014 resets coming toward the end of this month and the beginning of next month, unless, you are not, in which case make a call and get the ball rolling. Either way, an impressive accomplishment on your part, congratulations. Live long and prosper!

**** realizing unlike me, most of you have real lives and don't camp out weekdays in front of SquawkBox - here's the ad (which was in response to ScottTrade's ad featuring CEO/Founder Rodger Riney in a helicopter)

TradeStation Commercial - Chopper - YouTube

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

misterchk,

Yes, congrats indeed on LP.  I was curious as to my total points after I went over the required nights for LP so I called a year or so back and the nice CS lady told me "welcome to LP, congratulations and thank you for your loyalty for all these years to Marriott".  That is exactly what Marriott missed as erc so wonderfully put in his reply and yet they continue blindly down the path.

trvlnman Platinum 2 Reviews

Quite frankly I have stayed nearly 2000 nights and spent enough, been Platinum Premier for probably 8 years and have never been given Platinum for Life Status.  You would think it would be acknowledged? 

Platinum 28 Reviews

I am surprised that the Reward site doesn't explain in detail how to "officially" receive the recognition.

They refuse to publish the amount of cumulative points or the process that goes into action once a member has met the requirements.

trvlnman Platinum 2 Reviews

A couple of years ago I called to learn if I had met the requirements.  I was told congratulations you are now Platinum for life but there has never been any recognition.  You would think Marriott would want to make a big deal out of this when you need to be a member for so long, stay so many nights and earn so many points. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links