5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2015 10:19 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

missgee Silver 40 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Old, noisy, outdated hotel.  Had to ask for a room change and it wasn't much better.  If we could have, we would have checked out immediately.  As it was, we cancelled another night we had booked there.  Would never ever stay here again.

• Re: Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes to all of the above, but if you have a very early flight out of Dulles there is no better place to stay overnight.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bigdogbill Platinum 7 Reviews

I travel to that area frequently (here this week as well). I highly recommend the Residence Inn at Dulles 28 Centre. This is one my my very favorite Marriott Hotels in all the Marriott brands. Professional staff, modern, comfortable & clean rooms, gym, pool, putting green, excellent breakfast & evening meals, and a great location in a shopping center with several restaurants, a Target, and grocery store. It is less than five miles from IAD and there is a shuttle to and from the airport.

Regards,

Bill

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Glad to hear this!  I am staying there in October for a conference.  From the limited conversations I've had prior to booking, it sounded like the staff is very knowledgeable & accomodating. Let's hope I am as happy with the Residence Inn  @ Dulles as you were!

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

We spent a few months at the Dulles 28 Centre Residence Inn due to a job transfer.  Our room was lovely and so were the staff.  Evening meals weren't bad, and it was great to be within walking distance of all the shops.  The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel was their use of scented filters on their ventilation system in the hallways.  Whatever chemical was in them gave me an instant migraine.  We did speak with the staff to see if there was anything which could be done (i.e. removing them to get fresh air instead of chemicalized air).  They were sympathetic but the scent remained and we had to move out.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I've been trying different hotels in the Dulles area and have not settled on one that I really like for early morning departures. Recently I stayed at the Residence Inn at Dulles 28 Center prior to a morning flight and have some mixed feelings about my stay there.   Before this stay I noticed that this Residence Inn had very good reviews on Trip Advisor and also offered a shuttle to the airport. 

I found the hotel to be very well maintained and had lots of amenities for a Residence Inn.  The Studio suite was very clean and the beds were also very comfortable.  The staff members were polite but at times their hospitality seemed a little forced and unnatural.

Before making my reservation for this hotel I called the property to inquire about Park N Fly options.  The hotel rep told me they didn't offer Park N Fly Rates but indicated that leaving my car at their property should be fine but at my own risk which I was comfortable with since we were only going to be away for a few days and the hotel was located in a nice area.  I requested a shuttle for the next morning and it was ready at my desired pickup time.  The shuttle driver took us around  a back way to the airport which seemed to take longer (about 20 minutes) which may have been better than rush hour traffic on the main road.

When we returned I was disappointed in the customer service we received when requesting a shuttle ride from the airport back to the hotel.  At Dulles there are two designated areas for hotel shuttle pickups (2A and 2H).  The 2A pickup location was right outside of our baggage claim area so I called the hotel and requested pickup at 2A.  The hotel rep informed me that they would only pickup from the 2H location and that we would have to walk there which I felt was a bit unreasonable since the driver would have to drive past 2A to get to the 2H pickup spot.  Then the hotel rep asked for my name.  I gave her my first name thinking that was all the shuttle driver would need.  She then continued to ask for my last name and then told me I didn't have a reservation there.  I explained to her that I had stayed there a few nights ago and left my car there.  She paused for a moment and then said ok she would send a shuttle.  About 25 minutes later the shuttle finally showed up and the ride back to the hotel took about 15 minutes. 

Since this hotel is not accustomed to customers using it for Park N Fly stays I'm not sure if I will make use of this hotel again unless I decide to leave my car elsewhere while away. Since this hotel is only a category 2 property and the normal weekday rates are around $200 a night it is an excellent place to use points at for anyone that needs to stay in the area.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...