3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 5:52 AM by arkwright RSS

Manchester Airport Marriott

missgee Silver 40 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This hotel is convenient to the airport but that's where convenience stops.  If you have any disability do not stay here!  You also do not want to stay here if you have any kind of luggage that you cannot handle and lift yourself.  The rooms are almost impossible to get to due to a maze of hallways and stairs.  You need to book your shuttle time, as well as your  valet to help with the luggage.  But neither of those things will matter because they won't arrive, despite repeated calls for help.  If you absolutely have to use the shuttle service, make sure you tack on a minimum of one hour to get from your room to the lobby.

The food here is amazing.  Order the fish and chips and you won't regret it.

• Re: Manchester Airport Marriott
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

missgee,

Love fish and chips, never been to Manchester, but this information is appreciated!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry

seems like you are reading very old posts and responding.  Are you doing this on purpose?  It is kind of nice to see some travel related emails....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

To Jerry, Shoeman and others,

I chuckled a lot when I read missgee's original post. Even if I put myself in a very "protective" mode - I live In the city of Manchester about 12 miles distant - many of her comments regarding the hotel are not unfair: the location of rooms is confusing and the shuttle can be more than a little erratic, which doesn't help when you are struggling to make a flight. The hotel itself has known various iterations in the last twenty years , the last being Four Seasons. The good things about the hotel - the food and bar are good; there is an Executive Lounge, but not a very expansive one; it is very close to T2 into which most of the US  and Middle East flights arrive; and it gives easiest access (by car) to the Cheshire and North Wales rural locations.

If any Insiders come to Manchester, I would recommend either the Victoria and Albert or the Leisure Complex at Worsley. The former has by far the better location - constructed out of two original early 19th century cotton warehouses on the banks of the Irwell River and very close to the city centre, with a very enjoyable bar (where I have been known to spend more than a few evenings when I'm at home) - but it has two downsides: no Executive Lounge and no gym. But if you want to visit any of the media centres, universities or soccer clubs, it is a good base.

Best regards,

A

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...