8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2012 7:52 PM by profchiara RSS

Wonderful stay at the Renaissance Hotel Tel-Aviv, Israel

alanh2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We recently stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Tel-Aviv. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel is beautiful, the 3 rooms that we had were very comfortable & the food was plentiful & delicious. The hotel has an exit leading to the fabulous Tel-Aviv beach & also has a very clean & pleasant indoor pool & fitness room.

We were welcomed & assisted in many ways by Aby, the Front Office Manager. He was amazingly helpful, professional & he made us feel very welcome.

Specially enjoyable was the Israeli breakfast which provided vast amounts of salads, cakes, cheeses, savoury fish, fresh juices etc..

As Platinum Elite members, we were also able to use the luxurious Executive lounge, in which we enjoyed the hot & cold snacks, drinks, computers & generally just relaxing.

I am happy to recommend this hotel for anyone planning a trip to Israel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Tel Aviv, Israel
  • Re: Wonderful stay at the Renaissance Hotel Tel-Aviv, Israel
    lkthomas Platinum

Wondering about the rooms...the website makes them look very small. There are 3 of us traveling, 2 adults and a 13 year old. Will one room accomodate us?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

My room wasn't at all small, and I had a balcony overlooking the sea.

alfahund Platinum 3 Reviews

The rooms are one of the smallest I've seen in a Renaissance. But the location is great! The lounge is also very small compared to other Renaissance hotels in Europe.

I agree on most points - great locations, very small lounge, and when I was there it was crowded with very rowdy businessmen and one very unhappy lounge employee, especially each time one of them said something suggestive.  But the beach location is great and you can do tours to everywhere in Israel from there.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanx for the report, we are planning a 10 day stay in the Fall and were wondering how the hotel was...did you do any tours etc.

JD

Hi jamesdean,

I too had a wonderful stay at the Tel Aviv Renaissance in January 2011, and did almost all their day tours, which were great.  My favorites were a half day in Old Jerusalem/half in Bethlehem; Nazareth, Capernaum, the Sea of Galilee, and the Jordan River; Caesarea, Haifa and Rosh Haniqh.  There was also a Dead Sea bathing tour, but I didn't take that. Had it been more of the Dead Sea scrolls area I would have. The guides were very professional and the tours great.  The hotel will organize everything.

Be aware that if you don't know Hebrew or Arabic, it's best not  to rent a car.  I saw very few road signs that included English, and I had to get my Israeli tour guide to stop and work the ATM machine for me because it was only in Hebrew at each place I had stopped and I didn't want to wipe out my bank account.  There is not one in the hotel, but a few blocks away, though again I couldn't use it.  There is also a mall (think BIG) about a mile or two away, which was necessary because my luggage got lost - about the only time I ever checked it - and I had my camera in it.  The hotel is right on the beach, so that's great too.

ProfChiara

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Very good info, thanx much!!! especiallty the ATM $$$ issue. Can you get around with a CC or do you need cash. BTW never planned on renting a car, I'd rather leave that to the "natives"...LOL

On the hotel, there was some reviews that the rooms were out-dated...ie/ 70's, did you find that...apparently they are updating the rooms. How about the Private Lounge, did you have access and if so how was it.

Anyway, thanx again...JD

Most places, including tours, you can put on your hotel room and thus pay by credit card.  And once I got someone to help me with the ATM it was not an issue.  Especially when I've been traveling in Turkey or Greece lately, I've also taken a lot of US dollars.  That came in especially helpful in Turkey (even though I notified everyone ahead of time) because I never use my credit cards for cash advances (so I don't remember the pins).  Since my ATM transactions were being rejected (my bank's fault, but they said there is a lot of fraud in Turkey and Greece), I fortunately remembered that I had given one CC the same pin.  Then I found a regular money exchanger and changed all my dollars.  For big tourist hotels and restaurants, they (including Israel) all accept credit cards.  But when you're in shops that's different.

The room at the Tel Aviv Renaissance was great with a beach view and the lounge (if I remember correctly) was good, although not among the greatest.

Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...