6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 1:56 PM by susan8231 RSS

Monterey Marriott

netmgr Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Have stayed with the Monterey Marriott 3x in the last 18months and have found it to be an excellent place to stay. Actually has become my favorite place to take the family for a getaway (wife 2 kids). The location is within easy walking distance of the beach, Pier, downtown and has excellent access to bike trails. If you like an easy hike, suggest you visit Pt. Lobos. Amazing views of Pebble beach and the ocean.

Noticed an older post referring to the dated look/feel. Not sure if its been remodled but, the rooms are 1st class with their decor and design. The only drawback is that their no conciere floor/service as its a resort and a bit limited for food but, there are many, many restaurants within an easy walking distance.

Would like to add that the service at this hotel is some of the finest I've ever had at a Marriott.  Will stay many more times....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Monterey, California, USA
  • Re: Monterey Marriott
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

One of the owners of this Marriott is my cul-de-sac neighbor and I will pass on these comments to them. Thanks for the post.

Have you tried Rosines, which is a block away on Alavarado?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

netmgr Platinum 7 Reviews

Rosines is great. Thanks for the tip.  Have also found a funky little breakfast spot on the fishing pier (not the tourist pier) that we like.  Dont expect white table cloths but you do get great food and a fun atmoshpere.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

netmgr,

Have not stayed at the property, but plan to!

Do you have any pictures you can share with us?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

What was the breakfast place?

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Its nice to hear good reviews of the Monterey Marriott..They will get more of Insider's business as a result..Unlike the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott now on the Hall of Shame...

susan8231 Silver 10 Reviews

I just returned from a very disappointing 3 night stay at this hotel.  Perhaps if I had found a disounted cash price I would feel less disappointed but it appals me to think how many hard-earned rewards points were needed for this sub-par facility.  Our bay view room - which required 5000 more points per night - turned put to be a partial bay view.  Although our room had not yet been renovated, there were cigarette burns in the carpet - non-smoking room.  That carpet should have been replaced immediately, not delayed to be done during renovation (if then?).  The bedspread had a noticeable tear, why was it still in use?  The beds are hard and uncomfortable, there's no mini bar, and the bath toiletries are minimal.  On our first day we left at 8:30 in the morning and returned at 4 in the afternoon to an unserviced room.  Admittedly it was Thanksgiving but I don't think that should have been avoided.  Other than housekeeping the staff, especially at the front desk, were extremely courteous and accomodating.  Marriott needs to do much more than renovate the bathrooms in this property to bring it up to some semblance of standards.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...