9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 2:23 PM by pingreeman RSS

Suggestion Box

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

An immigrant Vietnamese friend who owns an excellent doughnut emporium recently told me that he's not getting any suggestions or complaints even though he's put a little box on the counter with paper and pens to fill out those items.

Perhaps, he mused, he might become the Mean Doughnut Man, harkening to that unforgettable Seinfeld Episode where Kramer tells George, Elaine and Jerry about an excellent midtown soup place run by a very stern cook who rules with an iron fist (or ladle in this case).

So, why can't Insiders have a Suggestion Box on that new site?  Many of the current ask and answer questions lead to suggestions I am sure for improved functionality.  And with the disappearance of the paper "how was you stay" cards this might be a way to engage more folks in feedback.

Just a thought for Monday and Tuesday

• Re: Suggestion Box
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ss

I think that is a great idea. Let's hope it will be considered.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Actually, I think Kramer was a 'friend' of the 'Soup Nazi' and raved about it to the other three before they went there......wasn't Kramer (who in his real life was born on the same day as me) the only one who was a friend of the soup guy?

Actually, SS, I think it's a good idea too. Maybe it could be a 'Suggestion Bowl' they could 'spoon' ideas from. But, if they don't follow up on it, you know their thought about it was basically 'no soup for you'.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

In reality it was Kramer's friend but Larry David's idea to include te soup guy in and episode.

Maybe we can now stop (chicken) noodling around, ladle on more comments, and get a consomme of opinions that a suggestion bowl (box) is (ful)filling?

Gazpacho to all!

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

OK, borscht belt cicuit, anyone? (Sorry, I couldn't resist one last soup line!) RE: The suggestion box idea, I like it. Sounds like a good way to get some additional ideas.

nhtraveler

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Awesome show and a classic episode!

As part of our community help and FAQ’s, we’ll also have a discussion section where you can leave suggestions. We have some ideas to improve this section over time, but a handy addition nonetheless.

Regards, Andy

Andy. I am bowled over by this!  Now we can make suggestions and know that you'll ladle on the extra effort to ensure that our suggestions are heard!!!!  No more "No points for you!!!"

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I had a similar suggestion back in July for the new MRI site: "One more group to suggest (at least for the first few months): Insiders Site Feedback to capture all the likes, dislikes, and other comments so these are shared and not buried and co-mingled in an ongoing "Rewards" forum." Exciting Changes . . .

I think to have a supported process for users to provide feedback about the site (a "suggestion box" per se) is the best way to provide constructive comments, however I would like to see it as its own forum group - at least initially. As in my previous post, this would avoid getting buried in other topical forums while at the same time, allowing other MRIs to see previously reported "issues" and Andy's comments and corrective actions.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm not sure if we need a special "forum" for complaints.  I like the idea of having a vehicle to express opinions/concerns/suggestions, but if they are all in one "forum" it will be almost impossible to find a particular thread.  Plus, my fear is that it will become a feeding frenzy for malcontents.  Not sure what the answer is......

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

My thought regarding a separate forum (and a temporary one*) was to allow other MRI members the ability to see each others "issues & suggestions" and perhaps chime in on how hot the topic is. A suggestion box infers a system similar to the Feedback link in the current MRI (at least it does to me).

*Temporary meaning for the first 90 +/- days of the new MRI release. The goal is to avoid a repeat of ALL the posts made to the "regular" forums when this version was released. More visibility is the goal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...