10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2011 5:20 AM by profchiara RSS

Renaissance Hotel, Munich

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Insiders,

For Information Only

The fate of the Renaissance Hotel in Munich is uncertain. Previously reported to be closing at the end of September 2011, it will now remain open until the end of 2011. This change of heart apparently follows a change of ownership. The longer-term future is under review.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Munich, Germany
  • Re: Renaissance Hotel, Munich
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Arkwright,

Thanks for the update!

I really enjoy that Ren. in Munich, especially around Christmas.  It is a great place to just get on the subway and get around Munich.  They also have a wonderful breakfast.

Good travels to you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Jerry,

Exactly my assessment.

I've not forgotten I owe you a post:-)

Travel well yourself

Arkwright,

Safe travel for you as well!

I am headed for Paris 9/3 and will report on the new Ren. at The Arch.  Hope it goes well!

Take care, and have a great week-end!

oldtimeinsider Platinum 60 Reviews

About the Ren in Paris at the Arch.  It is quite nice -- epecially the people.  Very deco art contemporary.  Nice rooms and good breakfast.  You will like it.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Jerry,

Have a great time in Paris! Would you do me a favor and take the metro to the Rive Gauche, walk in, go up to the front desk, say ALORS! (I'm being nice, but you could be creative) and then leave... :)

Bon voyage,

ProfChiara

Oldtime,

Thanks!

I am off to a good start with them.  When I arrive next Saturday, they have arranged for me to get transportation from CDG directly to the hotel, and bill it to my room!

After long flights, I have really enjoyed this feature at London and Paris Marriotts.  I just don't like taking a chance on any taxi!

Professor,

I will make it a point to go by the Rive G. and do as you ask!

I have never stayed there and have no plans to, after your experience.

Merci beaucoup, Jerry! :) Or you could simply gesticulate wildly from the Champs-Elysées while shouting epithets about the Rive Gauche [Hotel].

Have a wonderful time!

Professor,

Would I get "Arrested", if I gesticulated?

Our does that mean I eat something "Non-French", in front of them?

Hi Jerry,

The French all gesticulate, so I think you can get away with it :).

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...