15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2011 10:51 AM by nanaglo45 RSS

Comp Status - Priority Club Rewards

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was notified officially that I was comped to Platinum level in Priority Club Rewards based on my Marriott status.  The email said I would receive a membership package in the next 2-4 weeks, but stated the following as some of the benefits:

·         All Club level member benefits, plus
·         50% point bonus on base points
·         Priority Check-In
·         Complimentary room upgrades available at check-in
·         Guaranteed room availability (72 hours in advance)
·         Access to the exclusive Platinum Elite Phone Number

They also have an either/or system for maintaining status.  I must stay either 50 nights (nearly impossible, at least for 2011) or accumulate 60,000 (easy) points in a calendar year.  Happily, they also have some excellent hotels, like the Crowne Plaza Toulouse FR, which is my next trip.

ProfChiara

• Re: Comp Status - Priority Club Rewards
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Did they make it that status thru 2014?  Mine was for some reason.  Don't forget the group also includes the Interncontinental Hotels--started by Juan Trippe for his Clipper Passengers in the 1930s, and an excellent chain.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

As of the email, it said I would have to get the 60,000 pts in 2011 (or 50 nights), or I would be lowered to gold in 2012.  In any case, when paying in euros at a Crowne Plaza for at least three more trips, it shouldn't be a problem getting that many points.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews

Hello Prof
    I so enjoy your travels through your posts.  Thank you.  I am a little confused and didn't want to prove I need more education in this MR program.  I am plat. member based on stays and CC points and have already stayed my 75 nights for this year.  Is there a level above Plat.?  The requirements outlined in your post indicate that there are less stringent requirements for the status they comped for you.   Am retiring and would like to keep my status but doubt I will be able to in the future.  Is there a status above Plat. that they were kind enough to comp you with?  Sorry to trouble you with this but you are always so informed.  Micki

Hi Micki,

Platinum Premier is a mystery to most of us, though SteppingStones may be able to offer more information.  Likewise for Lifetime Platinum status (which I don't have).  I wish I could be more help!

PS - Most past years I have travelled less than this past year (since I was on sabbatical) but unlike past years, most of my travels have taken me to places without Marriotts. (Or Marriotts only at airports, which was true of Venice and will be true for my next trip, to Toulouse, FR at fall break.)

ProfChiara

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

See an older post that is still relevant:

Reaching Platinum Premier

Hi Micki,

I think I didn't really answer your question, which may have been about the lower tiers to reach platinum status at Priority Club.  I don't think they have a level higher than platinum, but they only require 50 nights (not Marriott's 75) to reach that status or 60,000 points. Although I don't know the details of required status for Hyatt, I know many Insiders have been comped by them as well.

Pingreeman's info on Platinum Premier status is very useful as well.

ProfChiara

Hi Micki, the Platinum Premier Elite level is a very strange one: it is normally awarded based on Marriott HQ's culling of approximately the top 3% of MR members but in a three year period.

When I made Premier years ago, this equated to at least 125 elite paid nights per calendar year.  It may vary from year to year, I can't be sure.

As stated by me and others the level is theoretical in that it confers little additional status or benefits, being an adjunct to Platinum.  You will be given a Platinum Premier card good for a year and a special number to call--at times the Platinum folks answer the number, but overall they have always been very helpful to me in solving thorny issues that have arisen.

Lifetime Platinum Elite requires 2 million points earned, 1000 nights stayed, and 12 years enrollment in the Marriott Rewards program. It formerly required 3 million points.  My card has no expiration date on it, by the way, and that along with Platinum Lifetime on the front of the card, makes it official.

Hope that helps, if not IM me on this site.

Stepping Stones

Platinum is their highest level.

designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews

Thank you both for helping.  I have found, over the past couple of years, that even Platnium status doesn't get much most of the time but I am still loyal to Marriott.  I don't like surprises when I check into a hotel and find I get fewer of them at Marriott than any other chain.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

designdeva

I think you just nailed it.  Although many of us "insiders" like to complain about this, that, and the other,  we are loyal Marriott customers mainly because of the MANY things that go right virtually every stay we make with Marriott.  Of course we want suite upgrades every stay we make.  And yes, of course we want to be greeted and treated as the "elite" members we are and made to feel special each and every time.  Why wouldn't we WANT that?  The problem is that we have come to EXPECT that.  All in all, it seems to me that we complain about the extras we do not receive far more than we complain about basic service disappointments.  In my opinion, Marriott does a great job in providing consistant, better-than-average service in consistantly better-than-average facilities, with consistantly better-than-average employees.  So, there I said it.  I hope this doesn't make me a Marriott 'Homer', but if it does, so be it.

Now, about those upgrades.....

traveler2 Platinum

I don't get what this priority club level is? Is it something different than what we already have? How do you achieve this level?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Priority Club is the Frequent traveler program with Holiday Inn.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I am Platinum level in both Marriott Rewards and Priority Club and want to take this opportunity to say that I am much happier, in general, with Marriott Rewards.With both rewards programs it does seem to depend on the individual properties much of the time for the perks received, but, still, overall Marriott remains my favorite. When I have a choice of both hotel chains, I almost always end up with Marriott unless for some reason a Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn Express is significantly lower priced for the dates I need.

Hi all,

My problem is not so much the dissatisfaction many of us have expressed over the past months with Marriotts but that there just aren't Marriotts in most of the places I've been staying.  By my count I have stayed over 150 nights in Europe or the Middle East this past year.  I have only 37 counted nights because when I stayed in Paris, Athens and, Tel Aviv I stayed on points (which would have counted as nights with Hilton) and elsewhere there simply were not any Marriotts.  That's when I started looking into comp status.

Hyatt or Hilton apparently do so, but they don't have that many more hotels in a lot of the places I go for research (i.e. mostly France outside of Paris, and Italy).  So I looked at SPG (who said they would comp me if I stayed 30 days in the next 90, impossible because of teaching) and Priority Club, which has Intercontinental and Crowne Plaza Hotels in many of the places I do stay.  Since they have an either/or points/nights for requalifying at the end of 2011, I should easily make it on points.

I agree with you about Marriotts even with all our recent problems, but will report back after my Crowne Plaza stay in Toulouse, France in early October.

ProfChiara

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Despite my preference for Marriott, it certainly is nice being a Priority Rewards member for those times in particular when there aren't Marriott properties from which to choose. On the Platinum tier one can build up points as quickly as with Marriott Platinum. I am looking forward to a stay at the Willard Intercontinental in DC in November using points. It will be my first stay there and seems like a nice perk to me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...