2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2011 4:07 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Springhill Suites Lafayette South at River Ranch review

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If you are planning a trip to Cajun Country, the Springhill Suites Lafayette South at River Ranch has recently opened. It is a lovely category 2 hotel which is in an “upscale setting that invites you to stroll to nearby shopping and dining” (according to the website). The registration desk, lobby, breakfast area, and bar are in a large, airy room. The fitness center has state of the art equipment and overlooks a lap pool. The suites are beautiful. The king suite has a large walk-in shower. The 2- queen suite has a tub/shower combination. All suites have 32” full screen TV’s that swivel, a mini-fridge, and a microwave in addition to a large desk area. Explore their website for additional information.

-- Edited by razorbackfan at Aug 27, 2011 1:26 PM PDT P.S. A new Renaissance property in Baton Rouge is due to open soon. I'm anxious to tour and/or stay there.

• Re: Springhill Suites Lafayette South at River Ranch review
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Razorback

great review.  I have never stayed at a springhill suite.  Are the air conditioners loud?  do they cycle on and off?  The ones in courtyards drive my wife crazy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Springhill Suites Lafayette South at River Ranch review
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Shoeman,

It was my pleasure to write the review because I was so impressed with the hotel on my tour.  Unfortunately, I was not able to spend the night, so I didn't know anything about the air conditioning system (although I had noticed that the entire facility was comfortably cool in the humid 98 degree weather).  I called the hotel today and asked about their air conditioning.  I was told that the suites have individual units with a digital thermostat that you can control like you do at home.  The fan can be left on all the time.

We like to sleep in a cold room, so when we travel we like units which can be set to have the fan run without cutting off and on.  The "white noise" also helps to cut down on outside noise.

We have stayed in several Springhill Suites, but never in a new hotel.  We look forward to staying at this hotel or another new property somewhere in our travels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...