9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2011 12:31 PM by negkay RSS

Posting of Nights/Points Problems -- Again!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm continuing to have problems with posting of points.  I checked out of the Venice courtyard on August 16, and when the points and night didn't appear within 3 days I knew they wouldn't based on past experience.  A week later I called the Marriott PP line and they told me I had to contact the MR department.  I did and was told to scan a copy of my hotel bill, which I immediately did. Still no points or night credited.  Sigh!

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Venice, Italy
  • Re: Posting of Nights/Points Problems -- Again!
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I'd say it's time to send them a nastygram letting them know it's their job, not yours, to keep your account accurate and up to date, and that for all the time you're spending/wasting on this issue they ought to be paying you for the time and trouble.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dejamo Platinum

Just another sign of the times with Marriott. 

Things like this should not be happening to ANY CUSTOMER, let alone a PP member and Ambassador. 

I'll be damned, if I am going to call the super secret,  triple password, blood in PP "HOTLINE"  (that is touted as the best they can offer after the regular Platinum status,) only to be told I have to call someone else to get a problem taken care of that THEY created.

Come on Marriott !

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I must admit Professor that I have never been told that I had to contact another Marriott Rewards office or number when I called the Premier  line. In five years of status they have never leftthe line except to call another location and or a hotel directly.  In fact, often it's a three-way conversation with the PP person managing the call and staying on the line.

I'd say that you're getting the run-around but you know that--sorry.

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Prof, does missing points/nights happen to you a lot internationally? I have only had the problem once in all my years and it was at a property in Canada. I've never had trouble within the US.

negkay Gold

I have problems with at least one night of posting each time I vacation at 5 or more properties in the US and I usually vacation three times a year.  So problems with posting points at least three times ayear.  All require a phone call, faxing of proof of stay, etc.  New site does not show

how points were taken for certificates or free night certificates used.  Dislike the new format.  Does not allow printing

of all reservations on one page.

Hi Versel,

Yes, they do -- about one third of all European stays.  At the same time, some European hotels have the points in the next day.  I do find a correlation with overall hotel quality since prompt posting has always occurred at the Grand Flora, Athens Ledra and Ghent Marriott.

But even worse, this is the longest I've ever had since contacting Marriott for them not to have appeared.  My hotel invoice is clear, stating my Rewards number and all other necessary info.  I'm going to have to call them yet again...

ProfChiara

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Prof - I'm not sure if you scanned/faxed or scanned/e-mailed, but consider doing the e-mail if you hadn't. No chance of losing the fax!

I sent a missing stay request to stay.add@marriott.com and the credit was received in three days.

Hi Pingreeman,

That's where I sent mine, via email, with a scanned copy of the Venice bill.  This morning I just sent it again.  We shall see!  I may need to resort to NUHUSKER's nastygram if the second try doesn't work.

ProfChiara

YIPPEE! My Venice points finally showed up...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...