2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2011 2:22 PM by Segments RSS

Lumped together

mofugr Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does anybody else find it less than pleasant to be "lumped together" in rooms on a floor when the hotel is virtually empty?  I know it's for ease of housekeeping but it's not the best scenario for a frequent traveler who doesn't "work" the normal hours. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lumped together
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Reading between the lines, the issue is really the noise from the other guests rather than the contrived neighborhood. The hotel has a responsibility to keep other guests respectable to the needs of all guests - implying this is the problem, not the convenience of housekeeping.

To be "grouped" wouldn't bother me; to be annoyed by others is definitely an issue that I would take up with management.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lumped together
    Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Why not ask when you check in for a secluded room and explain your non-normal hours?  This should also minimize the normal noise of housekeeping in the hallway which you might find disruptive along with other guests normal activity at times when you'd prefer quiet.

I wouldn't think this would be anymore different than requesting a room away from the elevator and ice machine.  Or away from the kitchen if you are late sleeper.  Or away from a loud nightclub/bar scene?

Usually if you ask and explain the reason behind your request I find the desk clerks to be quite accomodating.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...