5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2011 11:54 AM by spurfan RSS

Thanks Would Be Nice

spurfan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently completed an 11 day stay at the Spartanburg (SC) Marriott.  And, I left a couple of grand behind in the process.

Over two weeks ago, I sent an e-mail to the Manager and Assistant Manager (I got their addresses from the Assistant Manager the day I checked out) complimenting the hotel management for a great stay and also complimenting several staff members for their excellent service.  I also pointed out a minor issue that I thought would be of interest to them.

I have heard nothing from either the Manager or the Assistant Manager.  I did not expect a lavish response from the hotel management; however, it seems that a simple thank you would have been approrpiate.

Are Marriott managers told to not respond to customer e-mails?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA
  • Re: Thanks Would Be Nice
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Sure hope not. In my experience the managers write back, sometimes the next day, with appropriate comments. In one experience in Las Vegas the GM wrote in response to an email I sent and reversed all charges for the stay--something that I did not ask for and accepted nonetheless.

I'd hope that managers want to hear the good the bad, and take the time to write back to guests.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Same here - 95% of my e-mails to GMs and others, whether Kudos or Yucks, I receive a reply.

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

That's just common courtesy. Or rather lack thereof. A personal reply is nice, but even generic response seems like the minimum. How much effort does it take to copy/paste a canned response of "We appreciate your business and value your opinions...yada...yada...yada."

prettywoman27 Member

Hi, I agree with you..I loved how nice the staff was but they messed up my card and caused my bank to overdraft which left me broke and all I got was a "sorry" :( If you dont mind me asking how the heck did you get to gold elite status? I am barely making silver lol

spurfan Platinum

All is well - with some outside help I had a very nice phone conversation with the General Manager, who was very apologetic.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...