12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2011 8:51 PM by anadyr RSS

Hilton experience

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Had a delayed flight the other day, and the airline kindly put me up in a Hilton nearby (Dulles).

First impressions: 2nd floor guest room looked tired but was comfortable. Sink in the bathroom was older Corian style, discolored and cracked. Tub did not drain that well.

My Hilton elite status was not used or usable since the airline was paying my rate, and I guess that's fair.

A question posed to a different front desker got me access to their lounge and free breakfast with the admonition that "this was something I am not supposed to do but this one time I will,"

Lounge was excellent and mor well stocked than the average Concierge Lounge I have visited.  Breakfast was very hearty and plenty of choice.  Lattes were available and self-made.  Bacon (all time favorite in the Stepping Stones family) was there for the picking.  Attendant very attentive and helpful.

Internet was for a daily chargeof $9.95 (since I could not use my elite status to waive it) except in the Lobby where there were two PCs and two Macs for free use and printing.

So, all in all, more favorable than un, for me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Herndon, Virginia, USA
  • Re: Hilton experience
    mmcmpc Gold 8 Reviews

WHy wouold you pots a Hilton review on a Marriott site ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

I imagine that SS felt that his experience of Hilton would be helpful - in an indicative sense - to those Insiders who are currently endeavouring to assess the relative merits of the treatment afforded by the major hotel chains to their most valued clients.

Thank you

Actually the most efficient way to review a hotel is on this site, even if it is not a Marriott.  I also gave Hilton a review through HHonors. Insiders is a forum to share travel experiences and this was one of them

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

and I personally appreciate your giving these type insights..Thank You!!!

Thanks Jasper

superchief1 Platinum
    I greatly appreciate the reviews of competition from the perspective of a loyal MR platinum customer. We can't always stay at a Marriott property, and we need to keep Marriott honest. I would be curious to see a review of Aloft hotels from a similar perspective. Courtyard appears to be trying to copy Aloft, and I don't like many of the changes. Perhaps I am missing something.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

superchief

not sure, but I think the changes we are seeing in "New Lobby"s" is directed to younger folks. read - new customers.  I have hardly heard a positive word on this site about the New Courtyard, yet, the company has gone full-bore nonetheless.  Tells me that they know something we don"t.  I believe what they know is that they are picking up a new generation of customer with these adjustments.  Aloft came on board and grabbed much of the action, now Marriott wants a piece of the action.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Speaking of Dulles - and Marriott - I frequent our Reston VA office and have stayed at some Courtyards but saw a great rate at the Dulles Airport Marriott and decided to stay there.  It was very close to our office.  Parking is free, the hotel is very accessible.  They upgraded me to a very large room.  It was very comfortable and quiet.  They have a nice lobby bar.  Ended up sitting there for dinner.  The concierge lounge had a nice spread at dinner time and served a great breakfast.

And, of course, internet is free based on your status.  I will definitely stay there again when visiting Reston or that part of VA.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

PSU DAD

Courtyards have Concierge Lounges??  Was not aware of that.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Shoeman, you may want to read the post again...It does not say that there was a concierge level at the Courtyard..I do not believe any courtyard as a concierge level.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Correct, Jasper.

I stayed at the Marriott Dulles Airport.  They have a concierge lounge.

My post mentioned I had been staying at some Courtyards nearby and saw that the Marriott Dulles had competitive rates.

by the way, a very good burger at the bar.

The Dulles Airport Marriott is one of the older Marriott hotels 9early 1970s), but has a great location and nice Lounge.  It has a large outdoor pool as well, and is just a five minute shuttle ride from the terminal.

Every time I've stayed there I have been impressed with their service.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...