1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 18, 2011 8:37 PM by lakeshore RSS

Standardizing service

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The tub is but one small part of the hotel stay, but it needs to be clean. This article describes the required standards to make it happen.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Standardizing service
    lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Excellent article!  It reminds me of when I trained to be a waitress at my grandparent's family restaurant.  They were so detailed, and my "Nonna" would let you know when you were not up to the specific standards they had taught us, and even posted the specific steps of each job  all around the kitchen in the different areas.  It was great!  Every person took pride in their job, and because the training was so detailed and reenforced every minute on the job, it was a great place to work, and a great place to eat!  It is still around after 50+years.

It also reminds me of how I trained my boys to clean different areas of the house, and still have to remind them of each and every step, otherwise things get missed.  And, really, they feel much better about the time they have spent when they have done it thoroughly! It is great for their formation as young men, and it creates a really fun atmosphere(most of the time!) because everyone knows what is expected, and they take pride in being part of our family, and a job well done.

I guess that is why it is frustrating at times, when you walk into a hotel, and you aren't greeted with a smile, or when you have to call down three or four times to have a pack and play brought up, etc, etc.  So...I hope that Marriott reads this article and implements it into the training.  You really can tell when training has been implemented in this manner, and you can also tell when it hasn't. Goodness, just training them to say with a smile, "I'd be glad to Mr. So and So," and then following through immediately and efficiently would be a great start!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...