This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2011 11:51 AM by anadyr RSS

Wilderness

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Am I alone in thinking that we're in the dark about changes coming to the site next month?  I see posts kinting but actually few specifics.  Sure hope the communications channel isn't blocked.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Wilderness
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

No, you're not alone. We get hints in the bi-weekly updates on the Insiders Lobby, but nothing yet concrete.

I feel it important to copy/paste my last comment on the update again here because I think it is directly related to this string:

Whoa! are these two statements scary, "currently in the process of developing some design options and exploring their feasibility -AND- The actual design is currently in progress so nothing is settled just yet." - and you expect a go live by the end of September? When do you plan to "lock down" development so there is ample time to have full QA testing and User Acceptance testing?

I like the idea of a "mock up", but mock ups are usually designed and pressented early in the project just after "gathering requirements" and before typing the first letter of code. To be developing mock ups this late in the game does little to make me optimistic about the new release, or at a minimum, the timing of the new release for September. There simply is NOT enough time to do it right if these phases of the project are still incomplete.

Sorry, Andy, but given a typical SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and these open design decisions with "go live" in less than seven weeks, I have this sinking feeling the MRI site will become another fiasco, and as they say in baseball, "three strikes and you're out." MRI is risking a dedicated fan base if this ends up being a flop.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I can understand the skepticism surrounding the community's re-launch but we're making great progress each and every day. We've been sharing details as they become more concrete and we'll continue to do so as we make enhancements through November and beyond.

The bi-weekly updates are meant to provide details about the new site or features as they become available and solicit your feedback, even as we're working through small but important details. And although these updates will continue, we'll also have an FAQ section on the new site to help explain how to use various features, set preferences, or other questions you may have so you won't be in the dark.

Thanks everyone for your continued participation!

Andy

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Andy, please understand that the frustration is long-stnading that we feel, and that we are anxious to see the new and improved site. We are partners in the process as you know, and appreciate those updates you've given.  I guess the process is fluid and the updates as frequent as you can make them, but more would be appreciated.

Thanks for responding to my concerns.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...