8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2011 9:34 AM by psudad RSS

Virtual Concierge Experiences

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Have any other insiders had any luck with the Virtual Concierge? Unfortunately I've found it to be more virtual than concierge...

I will say that I've only tried it at one hotel (Renaissance Dalllas Richardson), but my track record at that property has been dismal. I even emailed the general manager to let him know. He explained that the person who usually handles those requests had been out, but he assured me that he had spoken with others about it and things would be different. I have stayed there 3-4 times since that exchange and nothing is different. No mention at all of the requests upon check in.

Like I said, even though I've tried using it multiple times, it's only been at the one property. Has anyone else used this service and what has your experience been?

• Re: Virtual Concierge Experiences
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Versel,

Yes, I usually have had luck using Virtual Concierge.  While I don't always get an advance note reminding me of my stay (that seems hit and miss), every time I have checked the box for certain services (like early check-in, which I usually need in Europe, etc) and added something in the box they provide, I've gotten a reply saying all my requests would be honored if possible. But even more often I get a personal reply from the hotel, which is really useful -- when you write back to them you become a person rather than a reservation number.

Ciao, ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

It must be this specific property's execution of the service, then. I'm eager to try it out if I ever get the chance to stop traveling to Dallas. At least the 100 degree streak was snapped after 40-something days...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Good evening Versel,

An interesting post. For whatever reason - or just pure luck - I've found the Virtual Concierge facility reliable and useful. I've used it for a variety of purposes - early check-in, event reservations/bookings, car rental, each of which worked well - and, until very recently, I've nearly always received a "stay reminder" - which, if you ever get to having as many memory lapses as I seem to - you'll appreciate is a considerable advantage.

One variable which could be relevant is the location of the significant majority of my bookings - Europe, Asia and Australia - though, to avoid precipitating an international incident, I would add hastily that I received reminders from 5 out of the 6 Marriotst in which I stayed on my recent visit to your country

I'd be interested to ,learn what the opportunity cost of the facility is.

Thank you

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

My experiences have been pretty good with it.  However, I always check "extra towels" when I'm traveling with family, and it's rare that I ever get them.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

I really like the virtual concierge, and usually have much better service when I use it.  However, why don't all of the hotels (at least the higher end brands) have this service?

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Not familiar with VC.  Where do you access it?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

About five days before your stay at a specific hotel, you should get an email reminding you of the reservation and asking if you have specific requests (Virtual Concierge).  It then lists various possibilities, which you can check off, as well as alerting them to early arrival, etc.

That said, it seems to be more common with my European than American stays.

ProfChiara

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...