4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2011 8:07 AM by rcrodgersjr RSS

Platinum Recognition

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After reading some of the experiences other reward members have had recently, I feel fortunate that we experienced so many positive things during our summer stays at Marriott properties.  We were treated as I would expect to be treated (whether we are platinum or just a 1 night guest). 

Since June 1, we have stayed at the following Marriott hotels.

Marriott Downtown-Jackson, MS; Springhill Suites-Little Rock, AR; Marriott Metairie at Lakeway-New Orleans, LA; Courtyard Airport-Anchorage, AK; Marriott Downtown-Anchorage, AK; Marriott Pinnacle Downtown-Vancouver, B.C., Canada; Marriott Inner Harbor-Victoria, B. C. , Canada; Marriott Waterfront-Seattle, WA; Fairfield Inn-Burlington, WA; Fairfield Inn Airport-Seattle, WA; Marriott Buckhead Hotel and Conference Center-Atlanta, GA; Marriott Marquis-Atlanta, GA, and Renaissance Pere Marquette-New Orleans, LA

Some stays were paid, while others were on points.  I did not feel the room assignments were made on whether they were paid or on points.  We received an upgrade to a huge room overlooking Lake Ponchatrain at the Marriott Metairie and were told several times that we had been upgraded to the concierge level at several others.  All of our rooms were clean and comfortable.  All of our interactions with employees were positive.

We were recognized at each hotel as platinum members and asked if we wanted points or an amenity.  I only had to call customer service one time to request the points and that was corrected in less than 24 hours.

I've written individual reviews on several of the properties and will write reviews on the others soon.  I hope those of you who have been treated poorly or had bad experiences will have your expectations met as the new training is implemented.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Recognition
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Great to hear that it's not all doom and gloom out there!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great to see that the Spirit to Serve is still there!  Thanks for posting!

I guess that some of our angst, as evidenced in recent posts, stems from a perceived loss of the good old Marriott ways and days.  We long for what was, and hope that it remains the same or gets bettter and are disappointed when it is not the same.

sethsothell Platinum

It's good to hear these Marriott properties are living up to Marriott standards. I have had good experiences at several locations as well, but I am currently staying at a Residence Inn with the most horrible housekeeping service I have ever seen. I have twice specified a time for housekeeping and twice they have failed to note it and I've had other issues with it. I think it all depends on how the individual property is managed, but for me, it needs 3 excellent experiences to make up for one very bad.  

rcrodgersjr Platinum

I have pretty much had the same experience in my already 104 nights this year. When it doesn't happen, I simply confirm that my rewards number appears on my reservation and that usually takes care of that.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...