23 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2012 2:50 AM by GemPrincess RSS

Toronto Renaissance - In The Ballpark

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just back from the Toronto Renaissance and, again, I'd highly recommend it.  Three things stand out: (1) the hotel is built into center (and right) field of the Rogers Center/Toronto Blue Jays baseball stadium; (2) the location is terrific; and (3) the suites are huge and extremely comfortable.

The most interesting suites are basically luxury boxes for baseball games with a master suite upstairs.  The windows are stunning.  The last time I was there, we watched a game and later watched 'em convert the stadium from baseball to football - fascinating!

This time, while I didn't enjoy a ballfield view (and the Blue Jays were out of town anyway), I was upgraded to one of the largest suites I've ever enjoyed anywhere.  I could have comfortably entertained a party of eight in the living room, and I think the foyer was larger than my first condo...

As for location, in addition to the Ballpark, the hotel is at the base of the landmark (and highly tour-worthy) CN Tower, and only a short walk to excellent restaurants, theaters, and, of course, the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Sure, the property has its drawbacks: the gym in small and unimpressive and the hallways (due to the unique hotel configuration) can lead to mind-bogglingly long walks.  But it's a terrific location, the suites are remarkable, and the baseball experience is unmatched.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Renaissance Hotels Residence Inn Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
  • Re: Toronto Renaissance - In The Ballpark
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Good to here you had a good experience..shows you if Marriott want to step up to the plate (no pun intended) they can upgrade to a suite on availability and give the Platinum Elite member this benefit at very little additional cost to the Marriott even though their practice is not to give suite upgrades. Kudo to this Property..Look at all the goodwill this produces for the Marriott.

-- Edited by Jasper100 at Aug 13, 2011 8:18 PM PDT

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Could not agree with you more!

I do not know if I could go to the CNN Tower again.  That "See Thru" floor still gives me nightmares.

Great hotel, great location!

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Thanks for your post.  I had debated between this hotel and the Bloor Yorkville.  Should have chosen this one because the random fire alarms in the middle of the night make me a bit grumpy.  Which is why I never went back to the Marriott Eaton Centre.  Nice to know there's still another option.  lol

OK - some photos to put this in perspective.  This, basically, is the hotel entrance....

710768425506.jpg

Here's the view from the upper-level floor in the suite

555948425506.jpg

Lower level, pull back the curtains, and - here they're converting the field from baseball to football:

600768425506.jpg

And here's the view - still from the hotel room - when they began opening the roof:

180768425506.jpg

Much fun!

Location Brand Hotel
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada Renaissance Hotels Residence Inn Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center

I agree..I will need to stay here when I get to Toronto!!!

connsailor Gold

The upgrade policy at this hotel can't be beat. Received one of the largest suites I have ever seen anywhere. Could have put all three of my NY apartments in the suite with room to spare. It was awesome being able to see the game from the suite and I hope Marriott gets it that even though business travelers may not feel like gouging their companies for suites we sure do appreciate the use of them! Would definitely recommend the location and staff really makes you feel welcome.

connsailor,

Good information, this is exceptional property and your report is appreciated.

Thanks for the input...It is reviews like this that will become even more beneficial when the new Marriott hotel rating system comes into effect!!!

mgoes2 Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Totally agree that this is a great place to stay in Toronto!  Have stayed at the Bloor Yorkville before, and while it was okay, it didn't come close to the great experience we had at the Toronto Renaissance.  It was so amazing walking in and seeing the ballgame right there in front of you! 

We also received a nice upgrade to a suite (on the same floor as the ballpark suites, but not one with a view).  The service, food and location for this property is great.  Everything is within easy walking or public transportation distance.

MG,

Thanks for sharing that with us!

I still can't get over the CNN Tower!

Ah Jerrycoin,

It's the CN (not the CNN) Tower.  And you're right, it's terrific.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I would love to stay at this hotel in Toronto during baseball season.  When I showed my husband a picture of the EdgeWalk at the  CN Tower, he said he wouldn't do it even if they paid him $175!  (Me, either.)

Totally agree that this is a great place to stay in Toronto!  Have stayed at the Bloor Yorkville before, and while it was okay, it didn't come close to the great experience we had at the Toronto Renaissance.  It was so amazing walking in and seeing the ballgame right there in front of you! 

We also received a nice upgrade to a suite (on the same floor as the ballpark suites, but not one with a view).  The service, food and location for this property is great.  Everything is within easy walking or public transportation distance.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thanks for the really nice review!  Really helps us see what the place is like.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Sounds like a very unique property!

I hope I get to try it out one day!

GemPrincess,

You will have to take a "Deep breathe" at the hotel and CNN tower!  The "See Through floor" is awesome, but I could never do it again.  I am afraid of heights and this is too much!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I am okay with heights as long as they are not mountain side roads.  My two worst memories was driving down mount washington in NH, and Maui.  For Mount Washington I found out later my fears were not unfounded as several of my colleagues at work told me that folks regularly drove off the side of the mountain as you need to stop periodically to let the brakes cool or they can give out on you. In Maui, I purposely avoided the Hana Road and Mt Halakia for these reason.  Instead my sister and I decided to drive around the north shore from the planation to the Marriott to see what was there, and it was even worse.  In the end, we had to turn around and come back as the road was completely washed out. Thought for sure we would go over the edge. Will never do that again.