2 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2016 10:36 PM by lbaker1061 RSS

Pet friendly or pets as a revenue source?

pointslave Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Why do Marriott pet fee's range from "$150 nonrefundable sanitation fee" to "$75 refundable pet fee?"

Is there an easy way to find out what the pet charge is for each hotel prior to booking (you can find pet friendly locations but then have to click on the fact sheet for each hotel to learn their individual charge)?

Does elite status or being a Marriott Visa Rewards user offer any help with the pet charge?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Winchester, Virginia, USA
  • Re: Pet friendly or pets as a revenue source?
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

I don't think it matters what your membership status is with Marriott. The pet policy for each hotel is different but if they charge you, it will be the same for all guests as far as I know.

If you click on the FACT SHEET link on the top right hand area for the hotel you will be staying it, it will tell you what the Pet Policy is at the bottom window/panel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Pet friendly or pets as a revenue source?
    lbaker1061 Member

I travel frequently with my small dog and I always ask how the cleaning of my room differs from a room without A pet. I I have NEVER received a satisfactory or consistent reply. Most recently I have stayed at the Residence INN in Allentown PA. I have received so many different answers that I do not trust them.

I believe that Marriot's pet fees are a way to generste revenue as well as discourage pet owners from staying here. I recently had to pay 100 doliars for my small dog for a 2 night stay. Also, when I checked in I was not asked to sign a pet policy......the pet policy was brought to my room several hours after I checked in.

intoxicated guests or guests with small children have more potential  to require significant cleaning more so than a well behaved pet.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...