6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2011 4:37 PM by NathalieF RSS

Back up and running

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Greetings Insiders

We’re back! I wanted to thank everyone for your patience through our unanticipated downtime on Thursday despite the inconvenience. The downtime was necessary to implement our user-authentication systems for the current and new communities, which unfortunately took longer than expected.

In the interest of transparency, we were regrettably only able to provide a few hours notice of this downtime, but we will continue to proactively communicate any changes or service updates with as much notice as possible. If you haven’t already seen my updates about the transition to the new community, you can find the links below.

What Information is Most Important on the New Home Page?
http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/thread/null

Exciting Changes Are Coming to the Insiders Community

Help us Determine Which Groups to Setup on the New Platform

A Glimpse into a New Marriott Rewards Insiders Community

Thanks again,
Andy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Back up and running
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

May I suggest the standard web login page be temporarilly replaced with an information page that states, "The MRI site is under maintenance. This should be completed by ##:## EST."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

agreed.

I kept wondering if it was a MAC issue.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I kept wondering if it was because I was at a non-Marriott hotel.  Considering all the recent negativity, I really missed the site, especially since I had about 12 messages in my inbox updates to subscriptions.

ProfChiara

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Andy: to whom and how did you provide the four hour's notice?  If it was posted I missed it.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

SS - good question as I wondered how the four hour notice was issued. I missed it, too.

I know my MR VISA (Chase Bank) will put on their web site that maintenance will occur between certain hours usually over the weekend, which goes back to my original suggestion to plan the maintenance window and post it on the main home page. Then if someone does attempt to sing in, another URL is used to indicate maintenance is occurring and to try again.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

That was precisely the problem. Even though we were able to post an announcement (under the navigation on the homepage and subpages), there was regrettably not enough time for people to see it before the change took place. On the bright side, the homepage will be available on new platform without signing in so this won't be a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Andy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...