5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2011 11:54 PM by ericwynn RSS

Getting through!

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am a bit frustrated,am quite frankly tired of only posting negative things so throw this out to the gang.  I have shared several experiences about inconsistent treatment on these forums.  After reading Michelle's post last week about utilizing their established methods of feedback instead of Insiders, I wrote a comprehensive letter to customer service.  While I used specific examples to illustrate, my overall message was that this was an increasingly common and systemic issue according to my own experience and those of many others posted here.  So far I have received three phone calls from properties asking for specifics and apologizing.  One even threw in 10K points.  The point is I addressed my issues with property managment when they occurred;  I am more concerned with the trend and that's the message I wanted to convey.  Marriott is pretty good on the tactical end--insisting the properties contact me is a short term response that, while appreciated, does not address the problem I wrote about.  It does not seem that the strategic issue is being recognized.  Help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Getting through!
    lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

After having the issue of San Diego properties wanting to charge hundreds of dollars a night extra for a suite upgrade(I posted about this mid July), I called the customer service line of Marriott, so that I could tell them of my concern with this trend in San Diego.  A few weeks later, I received a call from Will, part of a new management group that just took over the La Jolla Marriott.  He was genuinely concerned about what I experienced, and was apologetic, and even credited out account with bonus points.  He also hoped that we would give his staff another chance, so we stayed our last night there, and were treated like royalty!  The hotel is beautiful, although some parts still need, and will be, updated.  But the best part was the staff!  The man running the Conceirge Lounge was one of the best!  He was so outgoing, friendly, and kept the place in tip top shape.  The woman at the pool/workout counter was so sweet.  She brought our boys flotation devices to play with, and answered all of our questions.  When she wasn't having a conversation with a guest, she was efficiently cleaning, picking up, and all with a smile.  The front desk staff were smiling, seemed very happy to have us, and upgraded us, after thanking us for our loyalty as platinum guests. Great examples of taking pride in one's job, and they made us feel appreciated(much like so many European countries do when we travel)! It seems to me that Will is turning things around here!

I have failed to hear from the other 2 properties, but kudos to Will and the La Jolla staff!  I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to San Diego, who is willing to stay a little north of the city, still being very close to everything.  Thank you Marriott! I am hoping that THIS kind of customer service will be the new "trend"!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Lakeshore - great story. You should copy/paste this post into an e-mail to customercare@marriott.com to let them know. Too often members write customer care to complain; it is great to also send kudos when it is meritted.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Let me add my sixpenny worth to your story. It mirrors exactly my experience last year when, on six successive occasions, a hotel sent an inaccurate record of my stay to MR.

I complained., both to MR and another "Customer Setvices" location in  Omaha, I think.

MR's response - from an executive named Oana I., I believe and her supervisor, Fabrizio V. - was exemplary. Like you, I received "apology" calls or e-mails from four out of the six hotels involved, and a MR points credit.

Thank you.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Arkwright

I think you missed the point.  The point is not the call backs, it is the Systemic Problem at Marriott that many of us are experiencing.

ericwynn Platinum

I spend over 330 days a year in Marriott hotels, often staying in multiple properties through the course of a year. Their service and their accomodations are great. 

I have currenlty spent over 1700 days in the Marriott chain, and am one of the top customers for the company.  I would not stay this much if there were constant problems.

If not happy, try another brand for awhile and see what you think. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...