2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2011 12:24 AM by curiousone RSS

The Ultimate San Diego Vacation?

corey614 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I are going to a wedding in San Diego in the middle of September - we are going out a few days early for vacation and planning on staying somewhere downtown.  I'd like to use points if possible...any thoughts on hotels as well as fun things to do, eat, go in S.D.?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Diego, California, USA
  • Re: The Ultimate San Diego Vacation?
    countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

I live in North San Diego County, so know the area quite well.

While there are numerous Marriott brand hotels in the area, my favorite is the San Diego Marriott Marina Marquis, which is a waterfront hotel on San Diego Bay.  Close second would be the Coronado Island Marriott Resort, also on San Diego Bay but on the Coronado Island side,  A very popular downtown hotel would be the San Diego Gaslamp Marriott in San Diego's famed Gaslamp Quarter.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Ultimate San Diego Vacation?
    curiousone Platinum

I have stayed at all 3 of the hotels listed by Countryjim. I would rank Marriott Marina #1, Gaslamp #2 and Coronado #3. There is not much to do on Coronado and there is a lot to do in San Diego and a ton of restuarants within walking distance of the hotels. I was upgraded to a suite at the Marriott Marina even though I booked with points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...