5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2011 11:04 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Feedback

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I see activity on the Insiders showing me that Marriott is listening to what has become a summer to forget, Marriott experience-wise.

Michelle's post goes the distance in answering my most burning questions about service and training.  Now that we've gotten the issue aired and a response I for one hope that the changes will be visible to those of ius who use Marriott's services.

• Re: Feedback
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Not based on my experience on 8 August which would suggest Marriott has a long way to go to correct their customer service issues.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I, for one, am glad to hear there is a system in place to improve the customer experience at Marriott.  I will not judge the successfulness of the program based on a single experience ( no mention of my elite status when I checked in on Monday), but I will be watching for tell-tale signs of a concerted effort from all employees I come into contact with.  Some may find it corny, but I always like it when a company that is trying to improve some part of the customer experience has the employees wear  a placard spelling out the promo.  We have all seen them, they usually start out with " ask me about..... ".  I feel  that wearing the placard reminds  the employee  all the time AND tells the customer to watch for something.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Shoeman, I agree.  Some years back I checked in at the new Savoy Renaissance in DES Moines and all employees were wearing a "W.I.T" pin button.  It stood for  Whatever It Takes, and you could sense that every employee was very aware of that value and expectation.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I hate to be a pessimist, but Marriott touts its customer training all the time. I'm skeptical about any concrete results.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Pingreeman

Of course, you are likely 100% right.  The rhetoric coming from Marriott sounds promising, but sounds too much like the politicians announcing they are forming a committee to look into a pressing issue.....  I guess we will see.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...