3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2015 10:04 AM by ericwynn RSS

Beware of Staying at Residence Inn Pompano Beach/Ocean Front

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront property last night. One of my worst experiences with Marriot.. Arrived around 8pm and put in a room that was moldy and smelly. When we arrived the air conditioning was off and we had to wait awhile for the room to cool down. That lasted about an hour or so and our eyes started watering so we told the Marriott Front Desk Representative that we had to change rooms. Unfortunately, the hotel was slow in moving us and we finally got settled in around 10:30 pm or so. By the way, I was never offered an amenity or points, and to make matters worse, no apology or greeting as a Platinum Member. I did threaten to move to another Marriott Property, but at 10:30pm my wife was in no mood to move so we stayed. When I got up the next morning, I decided to place a call to Marriott Member services and realized that the phones in the room were not working and I used my cell phone to call. When I reached customer service, I felt like they were finding excuses for the hotel staff rather than focusing on the issues I raised.

As a sidenote, I did request a room upgrade, but was told although there were many rooms available, none of them were cleaned. I challenged the front desk employee about having appropriate staff to clean rooms once they were vacated. He only made excuses that Platinum member extended their stays and there was no staff to clean the rooms.

I will never never never stay at this hotel again, even though I did finally get a phone call from one of their Manager's offering me a room upgrade if I came back..I told her that there was nothing they could do to get me back to that property. Although I did use my visa certificate for this stay, this is not way to treat any customer. The hotel did not even offer to return the certificate to my account. What a waste of my Visa Award..I guess I should consider cancelling my Visa Card since one of the main benifits is that one night stay that you get.

Another example of the deterioration of service by Marriott and so much for recognition of being a Life Time Platinum Member.

UPDATE: I was told I would hear back from the General Manager of the Property about my complaints but have not heard back yet and do not expect to. I would have preferred to not being told that and then find out no follow through. Makes me feel they just told me that to appease me at the moment. Another example of the poor customer relations that we seem to be experiencing more of recently..Sad!!!

-- Edited by Jasper100 at Aug 8, 2011 8:42 PM PDT

-- Edited by Jasper100 at Aug 9, 2011 12:32 PM PDT

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Pompano Beach, Florida, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...