4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2011 10:24 AM by profchiara RSS

Flexibility disappears

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This article tells us that one airline has revamped it's award schedule and in so doing, reduced flexibility for even its elite fliers.

Hmmm.  A preview of things to come?

• Re: Flexibility disappears
    txnroses Platinum

God, I hope not!!!!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

SS

I am a top-tier member of American Airlines and I am very excited about the program  you seem to be bashing.  For those of us that are top tier, the new program allows for less-costly awards with total flexibility at no charge.  I thought that was the kind of recognition you championed here at marriott.  Where is the down side?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Don't get too excited Shoeman1. I randomly selected some flights using the existing AA site and the Dynamic site and in each case the mileage requirement was more on the Dynamic site even though I selected the same flights. For example, I selected a round trip itinerary from Miami to LAX and a Milesaaver award was available at 25,000 miles yet the Dynamic site wanted 30,000 for some reason - again for seats on the identical itinerary. This wasn't an anomaly, it happened time after time.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I also just got a message from Delta (where I am top tier) saying that from now on award travel cannot be cancelled less than 72 hours before the flight, although it does not affect any of the policies (like free redeposit, standbys etc.) if all that is done 72 hours or more before the flight.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...