3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2011 1:23 AM by techie RSS

Terms and Conditions--will they change?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In all the things being mentioned on Insiders about their bad experiences or their perceived deterioration in benefits we may be seeing the harbinger of revised Terms and Conditions, just as we did in 2008 when Platinum status was upgraded to 50% and blackout dates eliminated.

Recall that Marriott clearly reserves the right to change or eliminate the Marriott Rewards program as they see fit.  Perhaps our intrepid group members have stumbled on the "new and improved" Terms and Conditions to come?

Who can say?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Terms and Conditions--will they change?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I always so be careful what you wish for.  Changes to the T&C don't have to be, and haven't always been, to our benefit.  Remember, upgrades use to be to the "finest accomodations available" and suites were NOT excluded.  A simple change to the T&C took care of that, too.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Marriot needs to change their Terms and Conditions to suit their customer needs or they will lose their most loyal customers to the competition.

techie Platinum 7 Reviews

Jasper,

Although you may have a point, let me give  you an example of something else:

Whenever I stay in a Marriott, I get lounge access whether I am on the concierge level or not.

From what I understand with Hilton, if there's no concierge room available, you are out of luck for the lounge too.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...