21 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 2:33 PM by traveler2 RSS

Weekend Breakfast - Please mark this post!

mraddicted Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My loyalty to Marriott has now crossed into three decades.  On reviewing the website recently I noticed that the complimentary breakfast for elite members is not available on weekends.  This is most disturbing as weekends are the only time I actually get to ENJOY breakfast in a casual atmosphere. I IMPLORE YOU TO REPLY TO THIS POST OR AT LEAST "VOTE" FOR THE POST SHOWING YOUR SUPPORT IN CHANGING THIS POLICY!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Weekend Breakfast - Please mark this post!
    shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

You have my vote

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I have always gotten complimentary weekend breakfasts (or the Concierge Lounge version) except at Courtyards. The one case I did not was the Boston Copley Place where they gave me two $10 Starbucks coupons.

ProfChiara

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Count my vote as well.  However, I've always received free breakfast on weekends, with the Courtyard exception, and these locations:

1.  Torrance CA Marriott - I asked, and was flat-out denied.

2.  Renaissance Blackstone Chicago - I was denied mid-week! (between x-mas and new years).  

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

When I'm considering a Marriott or Renaissance for a weekend stay, I call the hotel and ask about the complimentary breakfast for platinum.  If the answer is no, I find another place to stay.  Such was the case in June when I wanted to stay at the ATL Rennaissance, but opted for the ATL Marriott because of the weekend breakfast situation.

IEStrikesback -- you got  shafted if you didn't get the breakfast during the week when the lounge was closed!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I did not receive the free breakfast this weekend in the Renaissance in Austin, tx.

count me in on the vote!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

As I recall, there was a post from Marriott a while ago (as this breakfast tango has come up many times before) saying that changes were coming regarding the breakfast on weekends.....and that it was going to happen! I'll say again.... as I said then.... it is a foolish policy to nitpick the days and type of property as to if and when they give their most loyal customers breakfast for free.

If it is to be done, do it, period. One would think the powers that be, who have seen these cranky posts ad-infinitum, would address the issue once and for all and give the breakfast to their most loyal every day and be done with it.

By the by....since we're all here with 'post names'...thought I'd let everyone see what I look like (ha, ha). That is me driving the car....although it's from a 'few' years ago.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I think one of the MOST disturbing things that is coming from all these posts is the lack of consistency at Marriott and Renaissance properties. Why is it so hard for corporate leadership to instruct all of its properties at that level either to serve breakfast (or equivalent like CL) to its elite members or not serve it.  For me breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I can't function without it.  I stopped staying at Courtyards for that reason.

BTW, TEF6178, I look exactly like my photo too :).

ProfChiara

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Three points:

1. My sympathy and total support for you Mr Addicted. Like other Insiders I've occasionally found myself "breakfastless" at week-ends; for example, at the Munich Marriott.

2. Support too for ProfChiara's point regarding the lack of consistency etween types of sites.

3. Your experience adds further weight to the argument that hotels should be encouraged, even required, to be far more transparent in setting out what they do, and do not, provide by way of MR Elite benefits - e.g. access to an Executive Lounge, opening hours of the Lounge, provisions offered by the Lounge, complementary breakfasts where Lounge is not available, upgrading rooms, on-site fitness centres. It is an improvement that would enable guests to make more informed choices, thereby reducing the amount of disappointment and frustration often vented here; and by the same token would assist the Customer Service function.

Thank you

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Insiders,

I couldn't agree more with all of your comments. What I also don't understand is why Marriott doesn't keep the concierge lounge open on weekends for elite members. I, too, do most of my traveling on weekends, so I, too, usually lose out on the concierge lounge and breakfast. In addition, many of my stays are at "resorts" and many of them don't even have concierge lounges. I know that the Marriott properties I choose to stay at are my choice and I don't have to stay at the resorts, but it would be nice if the resorts treated gold and platinum elites in the same way as "other" Marriott properties.

Thanks for giving us a chance to "sound off" on this!

nhtraveler

anngos Platinum 3 Reviews

I am vey disappointed not receiving complementary breakfast anymore. It was one thing when they decided to closed the concierge lounges after breakfast on Friday until Sunday after 5pm. I was fine with that only because as Platinum you were given coupons for complementary continental breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings. Now Platinum members are not getting coupons, or anything.

This is a huge disappointment.

Most all of my business travels require me to stay over the weekend and why should I as a business traveler not be getting any of the same perks that week day business travelers are getting. I pay for my hotel nights just like they do.

If I had it my way I would prefer that they cut back the concierge lounge in the evenings, then cutting back out breakfast on the weekends, and the locations without the concierge lounge, should always do something.

At least they should offer us some discounts off the menu pricing if ordering breakfast by room service or in the dining room to show those of us that must work on the weekends that our business is important too.

Here is another thought or suggestion. I think it would be nice to receive some breakfast coupons from marketing, by having them do a study to see which of their Platinum members on business travels over the weekends and send coupons out via email coupons for those of us that are working on the weekends. That’s a nice way to say thanks for your business.

anngos Platinum 3 Reviews

My husband has a 1972 ford titan he raced for years.  Now is it sitting the the garage.  Be safe!

istaytoomuch Platinum

I am a Platinum Premier and have already earned lifetime Platinum, so I have a lot of flexibility with where I can stay.

My regular schedule, each week is to stay on Saturday and Sunday nights. It is extremely annoying to have breakfast included on Monday morning but not Sunday at many hotels. It is a constant asking, negotiating, and insisting on some sort of recognition of my status on weekends. Some hotels offer up the coupons and I am a happy client. Some claim ignorance of any coupons until you insist they give them out. This week I even faced a front desk clerk who told me they never give out coupons (i knew they did) and insisted he could not help me at all. This is completely unacceptable.

I will also NOT stay at Courtyards because of the no-breakfast EVER policy and I avoid the so called "resorts" where they won't even give upgrades.

My friends that stay at Hilton and Hyatt get their breakfast without any issues.

So, I think a status match is in the offing if they don't put this right. Breakfast every day, either in the lounge or a coupon. No exceptions.

trockie Platinum 3 Reviews

I AGREE and hope that you will read my post under "Platinum Member Checking Out- Let's Get Grassroots

pbiatl Platinum 3 Reviews

I agree. Hope Marriott is reading this!

adventuregirl Gold 3 Reviews

I agree that elite members should continue to have free breakfast on weekends.

timberhitch Platinum 3 Reviews

I also was recently at a Marriott Suites in the DC area and was shocked that the breakfast for Platinum members was not honored on weekend. Wished I had booked a different property. It just really frosted me. At least advise at booking so if it is important to the member they can weigh options

traveler2 Platinum

Rarely do I get offered breakfast on weekends or otherwise. There is no consistency within Marriott. We shouldn't have to ask!!

azinsider Platinum

I agree...and I work on weeks while also staying...at least provide coupon for standard resturant

markzz2 Platinum 1 Reviews

Totally agree with others on here.

Platinum member, always pay or my own room so get to choose where and when I stsy.

Primarily I would like Marriott to provide breakfast on a daily basis to reward my loyalty (as most other chains do). Either in the lounge, or by offering coupons (which is done sometimes but more and more rarely).

Moreover I would like transparency, I also call hotels to find out what the policy is if I am staying a weekend. It often influences my choice of hotel where the locations and prices are similar. I would like to see opening times of the Concierge Lounges on the Hotel pages of the website so we do not have to go through this "will I or will I not" guessing game!

I think the giving of coupons by Front Desk staff is more a get out if someone is giving a hard time to the agent. They will never offer them unless pushed and then I am made to feel like I am a user by accepting them. It is all very embarrassing.

mgoes2 Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Agree that breakfast should be included!!!

Recently we stayed at a Marriott Resort during the week thinking it was the policy for breakfast to be included.  When it was charged on my bill, I contacted the hotel citing the policy saying it should be included and the promptly credited us for the breakfasts.

At least they made things right for us in this instance!!!  But really, it would be much easier and less stressful if it were policy for them to include breakfast for Elites 7 days a week.

traveler2 Platinum

I read all these posts and agree there is no consistency! It is rare that we get offered anything at all.especially on weekends. Not sure who you have to be to get offered breakfast or an upgrade without having to ask for it. Part of the problem is it seems that it is at the hotels discretion. it should be a standard practice followed by all hotels. And the training needs to go along with that for the employees.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...