4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2011 6:35 AM by anadyr RSS

Why Ritz-Carlton doesn't give club lounge access to elite me

xin007 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I don't why Ritz-Carlton does not give club lounge access to Marriott Elite members. If Ritz is part of the Marriott rewards system, it should allow Marriott elite members to use its lounges. Why can't Marriott negotiate this with Ritz?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why Ritz-Carlton doesn't give club lounge access to elite me
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

xin007

while I am all for your suggestion, I would think that the Ritz would iike to keep the franchise "a notch above" in many areas of service and amenities.  The Ritz Club Room is much more special than the Concierge room at marriott.  I for one, would like to ensure it stays that way.  Also, in Resort properties, you actually pay a premium to get access to the club room.  I think it's $50 a day.  Just my opinion.  What do others think?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes, Ritz is a luxury brand and quite proud of it.  As you may have also discovered there are rack rates there and fewer discounted rates than at a typical Marriott hotel.  As Shoeman correctly points out, the Club Floor and Lounge are exclusive places with free drinks and excellent food offerings--not like the Concierge Lounge at all.

Thus, I think the Ritz Carlton is correct in making the Club Lounge special for those guests wanting to pay for the privilege of using it.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

xin007,

As Shoeman and SS have explained, maintaining distinctive and coherent brand images is a central aspect of Marriott's thinking both in respect of strategic development and operational management. You might ask: "Then why is it only at the Ritz sites that MR Elite members cannot access the full range of benefits, including access to Club Lounges?" The answer lies in what is perceived to be the mystical allure of "luxury" brands, which has everything to do with the paraphernalia of status distinction and little, if anything, with functionality or needs. Dilute this, the argument would run, and you risk weakening the aspirations that give the entire brand range its potency.

Well, something along these lines..........

Thank you

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

To pile on:

Both a Timex and a Rolex are items that keep time (the former often better than the latter), but ask any seller of Rolexes and you'll hear a variety of reasons why you should pay perhaps tens of thousands more for the Swiss timepiece.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...