4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2011 3:17 PM by anadyr RSS

San Fran Marriott Marquis

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can't be good for Marriott to have this hotel plastered all over the news about a 2:30 AM break-in to a room by someone who doesn't even work there........especially when the room was occupied by the guy who hosts Jeopardy. Certain to be a bad headliner with these circumstances.

Hope Marriott puts out some disclaimer as to how this could happen since I stay there when I visit San Fran. Will have to re-think if they just brush it off.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Francisco, California, USA
  • Re: San Fran Marriott Marquis
    heathymountain Platinum

How couldthe"crook"enter the room?--I thought all the Marriotts  had"new"entry lock systems?----was the security lock in place?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

really, lets get to the bottom of this... when i saw there was a woman involved, I immediately thought about some  scandal of sorts.....

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I used to stay there a lot when traveling on business. Most of the time I got a fairly standard room, but once they put me up in a suite that was bigger than my firts apartment.

Don't recall what the security was like...

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Hotel room security and plastic keys continue worry me--the chain and deadbolt can be overriden easily (at least from what I heave heard from an insider source in that industry.

As I posted before, only a personal doorjamb and alarm will work when you're in the room.  Seems like a draconian solution but there are many crooked draconians on the prowl these days (and nights).

When I traveled frequently in Europe before keycards I always felt better when handed one of those shiny brass keys at reception, and heading that loud click when the substantitial deadbold thrsut home.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...