7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2011 12:11 PM by profchiara RSS

Missing Stay & Points - An Observation

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It's been at least four years since my MR account did NOT post a paid night or points. The last two stays, I am 0-for-2. I think I have a theory - - ->

Both of these stays had my reservation as checking out a day after my actual checkout date (no folio under the door tipped me off on needing to visit the front desk). At the front desk, I formally checked out, received a hard-copy folio (which I validated had my MR account #), and asked for validation of my e-mail address. Never-the-less, neither of these stays posted nights, points, nor did I get an e-folio via e-mail.

Could this explain "the most common scenario" where other MR members report not getting points or nights posted?

• Re: Missing Stay & Points - An Observation
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Pingreeman,

Not in my case, because I always check out at the desk.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Ping -- I also always check out at the front desk, and quite often a day or two earlier than what I had originally checked in for.  I haven't had a problem getting points posted in several years, other than the 500 welcome gift points at the MCO Marriott a couple of months ago.  I just haven't brought myself to trust email enough to depend on than for my proof of stay.  Maybe the efolio is not really as big a deal as it seems to me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Husker  -  I am often in multiple Marriotts each week.  sometimes 3-4 different ones.  the efolio system, when it works, is a great tool to ensure I have a receipt to do my expenses with.  I wish it were more reliable....

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Husker is correct, if the e-portfolio doesn't arrive in my Inbox within two days of checkout then I get suspicious and keep checking for the posting of points. If they don't arrive after a week then I submit a missing stay request.

I use my paper copy, but I can sure see how staying at multiple hotels can make that expense file pretty thick pretty quick.  I'm just still leary of email.

Ping -- that's just my experience, but more to your point, you may never find out the root cause.  My experiences in the pastn usually led me on a snipe hunt with the hotel blaming MR and MR blaming the hotel.  And, of course I didn't give a rip whose fault it was, just fix it!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I may have spoken too soon about the Venice Courtyard.  I checked out Tuesday morning and it still hasn't posted to my account.  I know we're expected to wait two weeks before calling, but in my experience if it's not there in the first three days it tends not to show up without phone calls and faxes.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...