6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2011 11:15 AM by pointjunkie RSS

Planning a Hawaii trip

cdobbs Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am trying to plan a trip for next year for my mom's 75th birthday. She wants to have as many family members come out that can so I am trying to find a way to use points to either get a townhouse or a group of rooms to help defray the costs so relatives can go. Is there a Platinum conceirge that could help me to plan this trip. I am flexible with dates but I would like it to be over her actual birthday which is May 11th. I love the looks of the JW Marriott and I heard there is a vacation club there as well. When I look online for the dates I put in I don't get anything that qualifies. Suggestions anyone?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Oahu, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Planning a Hawaii trip
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Are you platinum premier or regular platinum? I've heard the dedicated phone line for platinum premier is very good.

Other than that, I'm not aware of anything like you describe. My experiences with the regular platinum/gold/silver phone line has been mixed. Some associates have been extremely helpful and friendly. Others have made it pretty clear through their tone and responses that they're not real pleased with having to research anything that is beyond the normal everyday questions they receive and answer from memory...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I plugged in the dates 9-16 May, 2012 using points for 3 rooms on Oahu and the first in line is the JW Ihilani for 150,000 points for each room.  If you think that's where you want to stay (and I highly recommend it) and you need more rooms than that, try calling the hotel directly and speaking with the reservations manager.  But, anyway, looks like you can get it if you want it.

cdobbs Platinum 2 Reviews
    I am not coming up with any room less than 250,000 points per room. Interesting that we're getting different results for the same dates.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Couldn't tell you why the results are different.  But right now I'm looking at 9-16 May 2012, that's 7 nights, at Jw Ihilani for 150,000 points.  Call the hotel and ask.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

I would also check out Ko Olina, the Marriott Vacation Club.  They have 2 bedroom units & can sleep up to 8 people if you use the couches.  It is just down the beach from the Ihilani.  You can also use points for this as well.  This area is beautiful!  Good luck!  If you are a vacation club owner, your VOA can help you arrange a lot of these details.

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Aloha!

Have you tried calling the "800" number to speak to a MR rep directly?  Sometimes, speaking with someone rather than typing on the computer yields better results.

Explaining to them what your objective is will allow them to assist you in your plans and even make alternate suggestions.

Vacation Club resorts with points can be a tough one though.

Goo d luck on your plans...and Happy Birthday to Mom!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...