4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2011 5:05 PM by bobbymac RSS

Rome, Grand Flora

ipprotector Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Any recent reports on this hotel?  Going in October 2011.  Still have a C.L.?  Suggestions.  Great reviews in the past.

Thanks all

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rome, Italy
  • Re: Rome, Grand Flora
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I haven't been to the Flora in a few years, but it's one of my favorite hotels in the world.

Cons:
    The rooms are small and the beds less comfortable than some Marriotts;

Pros (which seriously outweigh cons):

Unbelievably great treatment by the staff, who remember your name even after a long absence.

A phenomenal breakfast on the rooftop that gives you a view of all of Rome and Vatican CIty.

Location on the Via Veneto near the VIlla Borghese, Spanish Steps, and Trevi Fountain (plus great shopping).  Just don't eat at the restaurants on the Via Veneto -- way overpriced for mediocre (at best) food.  Go to Trastevere, central Rome neat Santa Maria Maggiore, or even the Piazza Navona (still overpriced).

My information IS outdated, but this is the kind of hotel that prides itself on being great.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

michele Silver 3 Reviews

I stayed at this hotel with my husband last July for your honeymoon. We loved it! The rooms are a little smaller than rooms you would find in the US, but roomier than others we have stayed at in Europe. The bed was great, other hotels we stayed at had extremely hard beds but this one was soft. The staff was very helpfu and gracious. The location was great to get to the subway and other things in the on the touristy agenda.

dolphin521 Platinum

My husband and I stayed there for 5 days in Nov. 2010 using points.  We were given a Jr. Suite on the second floor.  Great breakfasts on the rooftop restaurant and we loved the location.  The only negative was on our last night, which was a Friday, a party in the lounge directly below us kept us up till around 2 AM.  We complained but there was nothing that the front desk staff could do other than move us to another room.  We decided not to as it was already 1 AM.  The next morning at checkout, we received an apology and a complimentary bottle of wine.  We would definitely stay there again but pass on the 2nd floor Jr. Suite.   

bobbymac Platinum

I am just returning from 3 days at the Grand Flora in Rome. The Hotel is beautiful and well maintained. Small in size compared to US newer luxury hotels. Though not complaining. With my status as Platinum, I was upgraded to a Suite location a larger room. The hotel location is a primary street in Rome. The high end destination shoppes, The Rodeo Drive of Rome. Staff did all they could to make us feel at home. The morning breakfest buffet on the roof top was a treat. The view was terrific.

Safe travels

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...