4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2011 9:18 AM by nuhusker RSS

Residence Inn Long Beach on East Willow St.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Looking for feedback (good or otherwise) from Insiders about the referenced hotel.  It looks and sounds ok on the Marriott website, but trip advisor reviews aren't particularly complimentary.  Confusing though, since a Nov 10 review talks about a remodel, and a Jun 11 review addresses the shabby carpet and room furnishings.  Anyone with an opinion about this property??????  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Long Beach, California, USA
  • Re: Residence Inn Long Beach on East Willow St.
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NU,

Stayed there and had no problems!  A typical RI, that is surrounded by a less than desirable area.  Again, easy access to the ocean area and the Port.  Likewise, if you are going to other places in Southern California, it was easy to get on the Freeway.

Preferably, the Ren. was always my favorite, and Marriott LB Airport was very nice.

LB has a lot to do, and if you can, try Churchill's on the Queen Mary.

Enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Husker:

I stayed there last year and it was mediocre. The staff wasn't the friendliest, but the breakfast was good. The furnishings were dated then, but I can't say whether or not they have been updated. It's just around the corner from the airport. I didn't go back this April when out there. Didn't find anything that made me want to return. It's set up like the old style separate buildings with about 4 units per building. 

This April I went to the Residence Inn on Queensway by the waterfront. This one is very modern and seems brand new. The price was the same as East Willow. An absolutely superb property with a great staff. It's more like a hotel and sits right on the waterway, but has a full kitchen area. Also has a better breakfast. They also had a free Bar-B-Q on Wednesday nites with free beer and wine. Huge lobby area with multiple TV's (heh, heh) and an outside courtyard area by the waterfront. If location in Long Beach is not a problem, I think this is the better choice.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I've also stayed there and had no problems.  Typical of the older townhome-style RIs.    I don't recall any issues with carpet or furniture.   A couple other restaurant choices - Parker's Lighthouse for seafood in Shoreline Village, or Roscoe's in downtown LB for chicken and waffles. 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...