5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 9:09 AM by tuono07 RSS

Problems using the Marriott Cheque Award

kevin1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just want to put a feeler out there to see how many have had issues using these cheques while out of country.  I am 2 for 2 on having problems using these rewards.  As a Platinum Member I utilized the special deal on $1000 worth of these cheques.  While in Greece they refused to accept these.  Had to call the Platinum line and navigate my way through various levels to find someone that would speak with the hotel.  Hours later they finally accepted these as payment.  It was very stressful not knowing if the $1000 was coming out of my pocket or not.  A couple of days ago I had the same problem in Monterrey, MX at a Courtyard.  They never did accept them and I did not have time to waste over a couple hundred dollars.  I will use them in the US but never again overseas.   Too much trouble.  Anyone else out there experience this?

• Re: Problems using the Marriott Cheque Award
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I had trouble in Toronto, where they were willing to accept them, but wanted to give me the exchange rate quoted on their board for changing money. They finally called HQ and it worked out.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I've used cheques at both the Kauai and Waikaloa Resorts in Hawaii and had absolutely no problems. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tuono07 Platinum

Used the in Costa Rica a couple ryears ago with no problem. Right now I'm trying to find out if I can use them at AC hotels in Spain.

m_elle Platinum

Tuono07:  Which hotel in Costa Rica did you use it at?  I'm going in a month and I am hoping to use the cheque reward at the Los Suenos and want to make sure if it works there.  Thanks for the help!

tuono07 Platinum

m_elle, I used my Cheques at the Los Suenos about two years ago with no problem. I booked the nights with points but used the chqeues for all my additional charges including a couple trips ( sailing and fishing) through the hotel. I ended up with about $1200 in charges, used my $1000 in cheques and the reamining on my CC. No problem.

You may want to email the GM just to confirm prior to arrival.

Have fun!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...