7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2011 10:52 PM by jbower00 RSS

need suggestions on best use of points in Hawaii

lovetravel473 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We  are planning a trip to Hawaii and would like ideas on using points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: need suggestions on best use of points in Hawaii
    traveler2 Platinum

Which island would you like to go to? What time of year? Do you want activity or quiet and peaceful? Do you have enough points for the whole stay or will you be using cash as well. What activities would you like to do? Golf,hiking,whale watching,snorkeling,etc? All these things play into where you might like to go. Without knowing anything I always suggest at least a couple days in Honolulu to at least see the Arizona memorial, then move on to another island. I happen to like busy and active so staying in downtown is fun for me. I also enjoy all the nice restaurants and its a great place to learn to surf. But the Ihilani, which is about 30 minutes outside  Honolulu is a JOY! Beautiful, quiet, and very peaceful. Love the area. Also great for snorkeling and golf. Maui, depends on what you want as to what side you stay on. Kaanapali again is busy, lots of people, a fun place to stay with lots to do. Some beaches not the best!! Great for whale watching. The Marriott there is very nice. The Wailea side of the island is beautiful, quiet, good for snorkeling, very green and lush. Beautiful property. Kauai is lovely but make sure its the vacation villas in Poipu. Again, less populated, good snorkeling. hiking, walking the beach, less congested and less to do. Good for relaxing. It's a very lush, tropical scenic Island. Easy to slow down there!! We have not been to the Big Island yet, that vaca is planned for October so I can give a report then. Let me know what you are looking for and perhaps I can help a bit more. Enjoy Hawaii, we do!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

The Big Island (Waikaloa) resort was also very nice.  They defintely recognize elites here.  They upgraded us to an Ocean Front room during our rewards stay.  See this link for more details...

http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/message/6529#6529

texaschef Platinum 1 Reviews
    I go to Maui every year...either Wailea or Kaanapali is fantastic!

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I absolutely loved Wailea. I don't know how it compares to other locations, though, since that was my only trip to Hawaii.

traveler2 Platinum

BTW....Marriott was having a promo but you'll have to check the dates. Book a vaca in Hawaii on points and you'll get a free upgrade if available.

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Here's the scoop on the promo Traveler2 mentioned:

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/upgrade-your-view.mi

jbower00 Platinum

If you are looking to stay on the big Island, there is a new Courtyard opening up righton Ali'i Drive. This is where all the action is. Otherwise you are talking a 25mi drive to the Marriott Resort on Wailea.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...