9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2011 3:41 PM by rcrodgersjr RSS

Not a satisfied guest

causualtravlr1 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We always try to stay at Fairfield Inn where ever we travel. This time was no different. We're not frequent travelers but frequent enough that when we stay at a Fairfield Inn we know what to expect, at least we thought!

Our experience at the Midland, TX Fairfield Inn was unlike any other stay and thats why I'm making this post.

We booked a room with 2 queen beds. The room was VERY small. It did have a microwave and small refrigerator which was a plus. The pool was broken so we could not swim.

The shower had mold all along the ceiling against the shower wall. There was also mold at the base of the tub where the tile meets the tub.

There was hair on the floor in the bathroom that had not been cleaned from the previous guest???

The west side landscaping was some bare patches of grass and loose rocks that looked like it had no maintenance. Granted west texas is in a severe draught but this was not draught related.

Breakfast the next morning:

I got down to the breakfast area at about 9:30am. There was no breakfast attendant anywhere to be seen. The waffle maker batter hopper was empty, along with the coffee pot, and there were no plastic knives. I went to the front desk where there was NO attendant and stood there about 5 minutes. Another guest at the breakfast area saw me standing there and got up and went to the door behind the front desk and rapped on the door.

Finally someone came out and filled up the waffle batter just enough for two waffles. She never filled up the knives nor did she stay around to attend to the breakfast service or clean any of the tables which were all dirty and empty. There were no breakfast sandwiches like the brochure says instead there were some "State Fair" Corn dogs??? WTH???

When we went to check out one of the household employees was arguing with the desk attendant about why she got switched to cleaning another section of rooms? Hello, we are guests here and this conversation should not be happening in front of the guests.

After all said and done, paying $139 total for the experience, I feel like I got ripped off. This was not a $119.00 room. It was worth maybe $80.  I pay the price for staying at a Fairfield Inn but this was not worth it. I will never stay at this Fairfield Inn Hotel in Midland Texas again. I will go to the Holiday Inn Express down the road...

THIS IS NOT THE FAIRFIELD INN!!! This is a converted wanna be Fairfield Inn! Come on Corporate, Midland, TX is ruining your reputation. Corporate office needs to pay you a visit to get things back on track!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Midland, Texas, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland
  • Re: Not a satisfied guest
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I guess I'm confused why, with such a scuzzy bathroom, you didn't either check out immediately or at least demand another room.  But now, I think you ought to complain to customer.care@marriott.com and demand a full refund and a few thousand points for the awful conditions you put up with at this hotel.  Good luck and travel safely.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I've learned to not get my hopes up to high for Fairfields. Moldy, unclean rooms are unacceptable anywhere, though. I agree...definitely tell customer care. They need to know about sub-par properties.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

It is a sad day when Marriott treats their customer like you were treated.

rcrodgersjr Platinum

I would have immediately left the hotel. I had a similar experience at the Fairfield Inn north of Savannah. It was undergoing renovation since it was what I call second generation. When I checked in and went to the room none of my preferences were taken into consideration, particularly having a room refrigerator. When I inquired at the front desk, I was told that was all that was available and I could put whatever I needed to keep cold in the kitchen refrigerator. It was fortunate that there was a new Spring Hill Suites across the highway and asked them to call them to see if they would have a available room. They did and I quickly checked out of the fairfield Inn and into the Spring Hill Suites.

That fairfield has lost me as a customer for good.

marshallp Platinum

Why do you try to always stay at Fairfield Inns?  Those are the worst among the Marriott brands and I only stay there when nothing else is available.

techie Platinum 7 Reviews

Marriott allows rogue hotels to ruin a brand reputation, so don't waste your breath.  I tried that with the "wannabe" Residence Inn in downtown Vancouver 10 years ago.  They had a list of issues a mile long, including using a rip off long distance provider when Marriott advertised their standard as AT&T.  The local phone company would have charged much the same, but this RI had one that charged obscene calling card rates....they also had all studio rooms and even 10 years later (actually 12) I still remember it as a sore point.

musictomyears Platinum 6 Reviews

The prices are jacked up higher to take advantage of people traveling.  This is the only town to stop for miles, with hotels, so they OVERCHARGE guests for rooms.  This really is a shame.

dianeholmes Silver 6 Reviews

When I checked out I discovered that I was being double charged for 2 rooms for 1 night.  I asked the clerk and he said it was Marriot to double charge and the 2nd charge would be credited to my account.  It was not credited to my acct.  I called and they told me that I was being charged for 2 rooms for 1 night from the Fairfield Inn in Frankenmuth which was totally inaccurate.  The manager at the Fairfield Inn had to make sure I was reimbursed from their account.  How this happened they couldn't even figure out.  The almost $200 finally got credited to my checking acct.  I have stayed at many Marriot motels over the years and that has never happened to me before.  I just want to let you know what happened the end of June.

rcrodgersjr Platinum

That is terrible. I stay in excess of 130 nights a year all over the world and can honestly say that has never happened to me. If it did, I would immediately contact my credit card company and let them handle it with Marriott or the franchised hotel. What a shame especially since Marriott corporate did nothing to help you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...