3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2011 9:48 AM by jasper100 RSS

Marriott Rewards Redemption

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

With all the negative posting recently concerning service, reward redemption, etc., I thought I would relate a good experience.

I stayed on points (5 nights for 4) in New York City at the Marriott Eastside on Lexington last weekend and into this week. We always stay at this location when we visit New York. I must admit, I have never stayed on points at this location in the past and was concerned about the treatment, service and room type I would receive after recent posts.

I am happy to relate that we were warmly greeted on arrival and that we were placed in an oversized corner room on the top floor of the hotel with a striking view down Lexington Ave. towards the financial district. The Concierge Lounge was as good as always...still a great breakfast; pasta and deserts in the evening (although we never tried the pasta as I only stopped by on the way out to check it out). Also the honor bar was in full swing. Not overcrowded or overrun with kids as I experienced in LA.

Service was magnificent. Turndown each night; room spotless every day. We even saw the revolving doors were blocked off one night on our return as someone had cracked the glass on one of the doors. It was replaced before we went out the next morning. Very efficient.

All in all another wonderful stay at this property......and did I say we saw some good plays and also one of the Paul McCartney concerts while there? All were great shows....especially McCartney. Not sure how a 69 year old can play and sing on stage for 2 and 1/2 hours continuously and not take a break (while even giving the band mates a break) and he never took a drink of water....and the music was exactly as it was when he first came here on tour......what a showman!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
  • Re: Marriott Rewards Redemption
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

You seem happy, but I would have requested a suite upgrade as a Platinum member.  As a repeat customer and a Platinum Elite member, you have earned and deserved even better treatment!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I have had good experiences with reward redemptions as well. The past two big ones (aside from a day or weekend here and there) were at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa and the Renaissance Paris Vendome.

At the Maui property I didn't want to burn the extra points at the time of reservation to guarantee a better room so I just reserved the base "resort view" room. I still got my platinum upgrade to the best available room when we arrived which was a very nice ocean facing room.

In Paris, they also upgraded us to a larger room. It was not spacious by any means but then again neither are any of the rooms in the Vendome which I knew before going there. It was still nice to have a little extra room. They also checked us in at 7am when we arrived after an overnight flight. It was really nice not to have to wait around until the afternoon.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow...These good experiences seem to be what should be expected from the Marriott as a matter of course for Platinum Members and not as an exemplary act on behalf of the Marriott. Now if you had been upgraded to a suite with associated benefits, then that would be exemplary and beyond the call of duty and a true recognition of your status.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...