2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2011 9:46 PM by sethsothell RSS

"Real Eggs" at Marriott Residence Inn Breakfast?

sethsothell Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This might be a minor issue but it's one that is important to me: I stayed at a Residence Inn in 2009 (Columbia, SC) and they had a wonderful hot breakfast w/ scrambled eggs made of REAL eggs and not some pre-cooked scrambled egg product. I did not travel a lot in 2010, and when I stayed at two different Residence Inn Hotels again in 2011, I was very disappointed that they did not offer "real" scrambled eggs for breakfast, but something they called scrambled eggs but that was obviously made of powder or some other convenience product. In addition, I noted that they don't offer a mixed fruit salad on a daily basis, but seem to rotate between cut melon, cut pineapple, and mixed fruit. The main reason for me chosing Residence Inn has always been the  good breakfast. I would be curious to learn whether this is a company-wide change to cut costs, or whether I was just lucky to get an exceptionally good breakfast at the Columbia location. In any case, I think it's a shame to serve your customers anything but fresh & real eggs... yuck.

• Re: "Real Eggs" at Marriott Residence Inn Breakfast?
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I think it is a property by property decision. I stayed at the Residence Inn Silicon Valley I earlier this year and they had an exceptional breakfast. Different specialty items every day (eggs florentine, etc) as well as great fresh fruit selections.

Who knows...there may be a base breakfast cost allowance that the properties are given and some decide to go above and beyond. Or there may be "recommended" vendors nationwide or regionally. Either way, I'm with you. Powdered eggs are not eggs.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: "Real Eggs" at Marriott Residence Inn Breakfast?
    sethsothell Platinum

Thanks for your reply. It's too bad the breakfast obviously varies by hotel, means you never know what you're going to end up with. The breakfast at my two 2011 stays at Residence Inn Hotels were still OK compared with the competition in the same price range, but the powdered eggs screwed it for me. I think it's not the smartest management move to cut a few pennies by getting rid of fresh eggs, but many patrons probably don't care. It made me a little less happy though. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...